Camp knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Very nice work. It reminds me more of a machete or parang, but it does look good.

Sheath is very nice too.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Elmwhittler006.jpg

Elmwhittler004.jpg

(Thought i'd help with the images)

Nice one

Chips

Banned
Oct 7, 2008
scotland
I don't like the shape of the handle, or of the knife. I don't like the ridges on the back of the knife. I don't like the ricasso. I don't like the symetrical sheath so you can't tell which way the blade is.

I like the little spacers in the handle. I like the leather colour and effect. I quite like the handle wood.

Not something I'd ever use, but good for you for doing it. I hope it works well for you, it's always good using gear you make yourself.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
It looks to be a good size, small enough for whittling, but big enough for splitting. I could do with one that size, I've tried the parangs, but they are too big :)

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
To me, the knife looks like a creative cross between a leuku and a kukri (the wider belly toward the tip). I like the little bit of file work and the fact that you left the forging patina on it.

I find it very interesting indeed.

What are the dimensions of the knife?

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I do like the knife, that blade's got some lovely curves! The sheath? Not so keen personally. There's no accounting for taste, is there :D ? How big is it ? Real nice job :)

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
Roots, dont be disheartened by negative comments. Its a good knife and im sure it does the job for which it was intended. Like any craft, its a skill where you learn. Next time you might do things differently. Do you make any other things yourself?

Andy >>>>>-------------------------------<>

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Very nice. Do like the fact its all salvaged/recycled as it were.

Guessing a 4&#189;"+ handle, and 9"+ blade?

Chips

Banned
Oct 7, 2008
scotland
I like that knife.

Out of courtesy, if there was something I didn't like I'd keep it to myself, but there isn't as I like it. Nicely done.

I think being nice for the sake of it is a poor show. He asked for "Comments good or bad welcome, thanks." There were nice things in it that he did that I liked. And some I didn't. I wasn't harsh or overly critical, I gave my opinion. All feedback helps you work out how something could be improved. If we just tell everyone, "you've done a great job, it's perfect", when it's not, people will just keep at the same level and not try to do better.

SimonM, don't try to cause an argument. You're wrong.

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
I totally agree about not paying atention to negative comments, If we were all to do the same thing we would never see any variety. We would still be using stone tools and there would be comments like " where does he think his is going with that piece of flint, I don't like that." Well done, keep up the good work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE