M.S Damascus bushie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Hold on, a 3mm thick Mick Spain Bushy in Damascus! That has my name all over it! Not even a Jedadiah bushy in a Jedadiah sheath, handled in Jedadiah bone and with 'JEDADIAH' written all over it would not be as me as this knife. Mick, you ever want to part with this one, drop me a line.....................please!:eek: :eek:

Thanks for your kind words Mate:) Someones already claimed it, he saw it and wanted it,& who was I to say no:D :p

:nana: :nana: :nana:

Sorry!

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
What happens to damascus steel in general use, does it rust like normal blades?
Can it be cleaned up in the same way as normal blades, polish etc?
I've always wondered what it would look like after its been used for a while, whether the weld patterns go away after cleaning, does it look as good?

This is a carbon Damascus, so if left for a long time wet will show a bit of rust, But because it is etched it is quite stain resistant, if it was buffed up with a scotchbrite wheel it would have a polished look, no black but looks really nice like that and shows a lovely pattern
But all you need to do with the black etched blade is wipe some oil on it when cleaning
and re- etch when the etch shows a bit of wear but on this stuff takes a while

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Wow. Just wow.
I LOVE the look of a Damascus blade. I REALLY want one.
Mick, if you read this, I notice you live in Kent. So do I. I'd really like just a Damascus blade. Could you PM me with details (cost etc) because I'd be interested in buying one.
That is just a stunning knife. The best I've ever seen.
Cheers.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Thanks Richard:)

AlaDamascus21-10007.jpg

very nice mick only another 44 years to catch up to you :You_Rock_

Stanley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE