Outrageous

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
I just wanted to say that the fact that the first 'Money is Debt' thread was closed was a little odd but fair enough it went off topic towards David Icke discussion.

The fact that the second one I created so we could all talk about the money as debt topic free from clutter was deleted is absolutely outrageous.

Then the David Icke thread was closed.

Is this some sort of totalitarian big brother forum?

Its pretty much beyond belief that we are not allowed to discuss these topics.

I shall remain here to browse and learn from the great bushcrafting information, and I am greatful for that, but other than that there is no way I am contributing to such a rediculously moderated forum.

And if you delete this, you are just making testament to my statements.

*confounded

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I would agree the Money as Debt thread you started should have stayed and been kept on track.

How ever I have had some Pm's giving me a hard time over the whole thing?
I was trying to share some info that I thought was of interest.

But Some were along the line things got out of hand, So with that said lets draw a line under it and move on.

I do not blame any one for my thread getting closed - It was a lively debate that got out of hand and started to get personnel, that is some thing I personally want nothing to do with.

:240:

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
I just wanted to say that the fact that the first 'Money is Debt' thread was closed was a little odd but fair enough it went off topic towards David Icke discussion.

The fact that the second one I created so we could all talk about the money as debt topic free from clutter was deleted is absolutely outrageous.

Then the David Icke thread was closed.

Is this some sort of totalitarian big brother forum?

Its pretty much beyond belief that we are not allowed to discuss these topics.

I shall remain here to browse and learn from the great bushcrafting information, and I am greatful for that, but other than that there is no way I am contributing to such a rediculously moderated forum.

And if you delete this, you are just making testament to my statements.

*confounded

Don't let it get you down,but sadly that's what happens with privately owned forums,its a waste of time getting banned over it,just move on.

Bernie

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Ok lets stop the trolling which mostly what these posts have been about. Bernie this is the second thread today I've read where you've slated the moderators and disagreed with the way we run the site and its beginning to grate, if you don't like it, don't post.

Matt

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I cannot see why you are getting so hot under the collar over this, Morning Fox. This forum (a good one, i'd say too) is about Bushcraft, this is quite clear I think. No one gets banned talking about the subject matters for which is was created.

I could easily get myself banned with some of my views, but I do keep them away from here. Politics, religion, personalities, and getting personal and irate about them is asking for trouble and I think it is reasonable to expect the moderators to keep a tight lid on these subjects on a forum which a lots of children access.

There are plenty of other places on the net to discuss these matters.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Ok lets stop the trolling which mostly what these posts have been about. Bernie this is the second thread today I've read where you've slated the moderators and disagreed with the way we run the site and its beginning to grate, if you don't like it, don't post.

Matt

Hold on a minute mate i've not slated any of the moderators,and i don't disagree with the way the sites run,and i like to think i contribute a bit back to the site,i like other members agree or disagree to certain posts,the same as some like one knife to another,if i've upset the mods my apologies.

Bernie

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I cannot see why you are getting so hot under the collar over this, Morning Fox. This forum (a good one, i'd say too) is about Bushcraft, this is quite clear I think. No one gets banned talking about the subject matters for which is was created.

I could easily get myself banned with some of my views, but I do keep them away from here. Politics, religion, personalities, and getting personal and irate about them is asking for trouble and I think it is reasonable to expect the moderators to keep a tight lid on these subjects on a forum which a lots of children access.

There are plenty of other places on the net to discuss these matters.

Ageed, but this is a folder entitled Other Chatter. Surely that means it is here for things that are not bushcraft related.
Unfortunately the thread was descending into arguing, and I have to admit my part in derailing the subject :sad6:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Don't let it get you down,but sadly that's what happens with privately owned forums,its a waste of time getting banned over it,just move on.

Bernie

Bernie's right.

This is a private forum and we're ALL guests here. Stick to bushcraft and take your other interests to relevant fora. I've had threads locked and deleted, it's no big deal.

As Bernie says, don't let an inconsequential thing like getting a thread closed or deleted spoil your enjoyment of an excellent forum.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Bernie's right.

This is a private forum and we're ALL guests here. Stick to bushcraft and take your other interests to relevant fora. I've had threads locked and deleted, it's no big deal.

As Bernie says, don't let an inconsequential thing like getting a thread closed or deleted spoil your enjoyment of an excellent forum.

Spot on.

Number one: Tonys house Tonys rules.. simple

Number two: BUSHCRAFT forum.. also simple.

There are 1001 places on the internet you can go to rant and rave about just about anything you want, this isn't one of them.

If you have had two threads closed opening a third to complain about it isn't going to get you anywhere.

Thread locked (unsurprisingly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE