Essex/south essex meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2007
Hello.

As you know I have gained permission to use a wood in the Billericay area for a meet/meets some of you have shown interest in this and doing a meet before the end of the year.

Looking at my calander due to shift work and family I may not be able to do this but am willing to show my face with the group to make introductions to the owner.

So if you would like to add some dates on this thread we can come up with something soon.

Swampy.

Dec 16, 2007
Hello all.

Sorry to bring bad news on this but I have called up to see what numbers are allowed and have been told that the owner and manager have said that we can not use the wood. No reason was given but that the site manager did not like the idea. Now this could be a health and safety thing or that we may have been stepping on toes as they are thinking of running "Bushcraft" courses themselves. I have spoken to the manager before and the word "Qualifications" was asked as in what do we have, didnt know we needed any to basha up in a wood.

Sorry everyone but the essex meet is no more. this was a big blow for me and I dont think I will be dealing with them anymore.

Swampy.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Good point Paganwolf, a walk in the woods is a great idea. Anyone else up for it?

Dec 16, 2007
Hi all. Yesterday I had to go to thriftwood scout site to see a young lad who had a real nasty open wound on his leg. He is fine by the way.
After I got talking to some of the staff about using the site for a meet. They said that as the site is so big we could be out of the way and it would be better to book for a mid week meet, now I know this may be a problem with some people but I think it is the best we are going to get in Essex. This is again subject to confermation.
The site is in Brentwood and has vehical access and allows open controled fires
http://www.thriftwood.org.uk/
Let me know what you think about that for maybe the next month or July for a meet.

Swampy

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
has anyone found a site in Essex for a bushcrat meet in the last couple of months?

Thriftwood sounds a good place let me know how you get on.

pilsbury

Feb 14, 2010
essex / London
Thriftwood is a great site, it was my local scout site all the time I was with them.
Im new on here and am looking to meet people in essex that are interested in bushcraft as well so would welcome any invitations on a woodland walk or camp although i am a newbie and only just getting started.
Cheers

pilsbury

Feb 14, 2010
essex / London
I was at Thriftwood on saturday and asked the warden if it was possable to book in a groups of adults for wildcamping and was told that the site was only open to youth groups up to the age of 14 so no adult groups are allowed, not sure if someone with a bit more experiance could talk their way on to the site but for me they said no.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE