Decathlon trousers - any good

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Was looking at these online today

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/fatigues-black-coffee-10342122/#TAILLE

The specs look okay

Lightweight - 100% 230gsm satin cotton for flexibility and comfort.

Strength - 5-stitch inner leg seams. Reinforced knees. Convenient Buttoned wallet pockets. 2 handwarmer pockets.

Comfort - 6 belt loops. 2 front pleats and 2 back

I like the knee touch

and for £9 you can`t grumble really

no connection etc

Rich

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Oh and they have 3x3m tarps for £19.95

Heavy at 1.9kg but if you ditch the poles and other unnecessaries it`ll drop to 1kg

Oh no, I can feel a trip to Sheffield coming on

Rich

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Oh and they have 3x3m tarps for £19.95

Heavy at 1.9kg but if you ditch the poles and other unnecessaries it`ll drop to 1kg

I use the Decathlon tarp all the time and not had any problem with it apart from the lack of extra loops to use it in different configurations. I solved it though by adding extra loops and it does me fine.

Well worth the money :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I didn`t even know they had stores over here until somebody mentioned they`d been, I`ve been to them in France and Portugal but they stock more water sports gear than anything.
They`ve got a surprisingly good selection of outdoorsy stuff

Rich

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I had a look at these the other day, the material feels a bit thin, but for a tenner think they might be worth it as summer pants.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a look at these the other day, the material feels a bit thin, but for a tenner think they might be worth it as summer pants.

Cheers Simon, that`s what I thought someone might say. You wouldn`t recommend them for round the fire then ?

Rich

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
I've got a confession; my name is Jim and I'm a Decathlon junkie!

I'm about 15 minutes from the Nottingham store and I could spend an age wandering around. I've three pairs of trousers (although I don't have a pair of the ones shown, seen them but the colour put me off) from there and they've all lasted pretty well. I was out in the pouring rain in some a couple of weeks back and they dried very quickly despite a good soaking.

They also do cheap decent children's walking shoes, which is useful as the sprogs seem to grow out of them in five minutes.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I don't have these but I do have a few bits of decathlon kit that I bought in France. It's pretty good and very cheap. I do wish they'd either get on and open a store down in the west country or start allowing mail order. I'd get a lot more from them.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Cheers Simon, that`s what I thought someone might say. You wouldn`t recommend them for round the fire then ?

Rich

Not too sure mate, sure they were cotton, but I have a bad memory these days. Says on your link that they have a 2 year guarantee though. Might cover fire lol

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I have a few pair I walk , bushcraft and canoe in mine. They are hard as nails and cheap as chips and dry out really quick. Very comfy too.

Greg

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
Not sure what pair I've got but they're from Decathlon and they are hard as nails as well as comfy. Not to mention they were cheap as chips. I got mine in the hunting section and not the hiking bit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE