Sabre 45 really that good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I sold half of my stuff and bought a 60 litre Kifaru, waited for them to make it for my back and then paid a wedge on import tax. This is the most expensive pack in the world I feel.:eek:

http://www.kifaru.net/MG_ZXR.htm

You get what you pay for, end of story as far as my experience goes.

Eek how much Dougster :eek:

That`s divorce ammunition in my house

Looks like a tasty bit of kit though.

And to think I got upset paying £90 for a second hand Berghaus

Rich

wilekayote

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
sydney
When I put the PLCE side pockets on mine there is no way the side straps are long enough to go round them but on some pictures I have seen it looks like they should.

Should they are shouldn't they?

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
On the newer model of the Sabre45, they lengthened the side straps for exactly that reason. On earlier models they don't reach (unless the side pockets are half emtpy).

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I've got to second the Kifaru packs, got the express from them and got the side pockets through the garage sale on their forum. Use it as EDC for work and day pack if out for a donner with out pockets, add pockets and I can get all my weekend kit in/on it. Think its the most expensive bit of kit I have but It's been the most comfortable pack I've had. I also got hamered with tax...bad days : (
jon

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Some interesting replies here.

I'm 6 ft 4 and recently spent a month trekking round south America using a Sabre 45 with the side pouches. Now it was comfortable enough when packed and adjusted correctly. Having said that looking back I probably would have preferred something a bit longer as after a while the shoulders would really start to burn, but I also preferred the sabre for it's compartmentalisation properties - the large side pouches and extra pockets makes retrieving and replacing things much less hassle. Bearing that in mind, I think perhaps the Sabre 75 might be more appropriate for extended treks whilst keeping those useful compartment features.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE