Wilderness Gathering 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
at £70 for a friday night, all day saturday wandering round and then another night in the woods i think is a little expensive, it may be ok if you've never been, but to be honest unless you fly round every workshop imho you dont get value for money, the Star walk was worth waiting for so if you go and its on its well worth attending, just hope for a clear night.

please dont let me put you off going, these are only my opinions and dont wish to upset any of the commercial interests or workshops who are there, or anyone who thinks otherwise.

also i thought the food available from the tent was very good but the price reflected the fact that you had little choice (captive audience) unless you had bought plenty of provisions, like i say tasty food, cooked well, but limited portions and a little expensive.

only my opinion and experience.

Adam.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Its Thursday night, Friday, friday night, saturday, saturday night and sunday going by the web site Adam, plus all the classes are delivered by reputable instructors who know their stuff, plus you have all the stalls to mooch about etc, i dont see 70 quid is that much when you look at the scale of it, all the details are on here any wayshttp://www.wildernessgathering.co.uk I believe the food has been up scaled this year too, Roger and Dom are always up to listening to constructive critisism and its always getting better year after year :) im going :D look forward to seeing those of you that are too :D

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Yup Im going as well and looking forward to it.

There is loads of stalls and courses and some great company.........I don't think £70 is that bad for 3 nights and 3 days.

I took my son and wife down to Cheddar Gorge and Wooky hole caves and at nearlly £90 to go in 3 caves I think the WG is value for money.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
90 quid! mind you thats not bad how much cheddar did you gorge your self on? and did you meet a Wooky? Good old Chewbakka :notworthy that would be worth 90 quid eh, mind you all that Cheese i bet you had nightmares about big hairy wookys after eh :eek:

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
90 quid! mind you thats not bad how much cheddar did you gorge your self on? and did you meet a Wooky? Good old Chewbakka :notworthy that would be worth 90 quid eh, mind you all that Cheese i bet you had nightmares about big hairy wookys after eh :eek:

You've started on that "gathering-brew" of yours early this year JP, I've told - by the smell of things its done terrible damage to you internally.
Since the first gathering - the prices certainly have'nt risen with inflation (like everything else) and you get an awful lot for your dosh. How much does a Saturday night in your local pub with the lads set you back?
On a slightly sadder note - its the only social life I've got left, well that and my nights in counting my ticks (bert, tom, cecil, frank and the boys:confused: )
Neil

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You know me to well;)

Big hairy Wooky's......Not in my house......I practise Bushcraft ya know:cool:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Well...it's funny you should say that;)
I'm working on two potential events up here, either Kielder or Hamsterly Forests, possibly both.
they are very much embryonic at the moment, trying to convince the recreation manager and chief ranger that events like this can work for them, is not easy.:banghead:
I'll be trying to gauge interest with a separate thread, in the next couple of weeks.
sorry to run off topic a bit:rolleyes:
R.B.

ooh keep us posted on that. Ive no idea where them forests are but surely must be closer.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Yup Im going as well and looking forward to it.

There is loads of stalls and courses and some great company.........I don't think £70 is that bad for 3 nights and 3 days.

I took my son and wife down to Cheddar Gorge and Wooky hole caves and at nearlly £90 to go in 3 caves I think the WG is value for money.

Be good to see ya Pete, you olde b**ga....make sure Jethro is "warmed up"...:lmao: :lmao:

yep £70 isnt to bad a cost (well i did pay it ) and hope to get there early a as possible Thursday afternoon to get a couple of good hammock trees
Some of the 1 hr talks wont suit you garantteed as tis a wide range and covering a lot of basics i definatly wont bother with quite a few this year BUT that dosnt mean they wont interest others
Deffinally lots more sitting round the fire with a Cool frosty one :D (had a few Tesco specials today to stock up)
hope to see Dave Budd again and see if Saxon has been let on site again :lmao: for the see who takes who for a walk comp in the morning (wish he was running a master class ::nudge nudge:: ;) metal bashing not dog walking :D)

ATB

Duncan

PS will probably be wearing my Pink Cammo jkt again :eek:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
You've started on that "gathering-brew" of yours early this year JP, I've told - by the smell of things its done terrible damage to you internally.
Since the first gathering - the prices certainly have'nt risen with inflation (like everything else) and you get an awful lot for your dosh. How much does a Saturday night in your local pub with the lads set you back?
On a slightly sadder note - its the only social life I've got left, well that and my nights in counting my ticks (bert, tom, cecil, frank and the boys:confused: )
Neil

Its been bubbling along nicely for many months buddy,And the smell is the smell of the country side buddy, lol :rolleyes: ;) Bring your Kuksa and ill test it out on you erm i mean give you a drop :naughty:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Got my ticket through now so I'll be there - looking forward to catching up with old faces. :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Oi...............Less of the OLD faces, Sir Scotty;)

But you are old now Pete... Infact you haven't aged very well either have you. I found a photo of the Joker...

87c3e1d4.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE