Wanted: Full Size Parachute

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Wanted for group shelter/ outdoor classroom cover.
I need to find a supplier of good quality, unslashed, personnel chutes, really want a green one but will consider other colours at a push.

If anyone can put me in touch or offer advice just post it up here
Thanks in advance
R.B.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Olive-Green-Army-Parachute-Canopy-Bushcraft-Shelter_W0QQitemZ220265362900QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220265362900&_trkparms=72%3A1090|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

unrelated to seller

but happened to be nosing on ebay for one out of interest (looked v.handy at the moot they did :D ), apparently has some by law mods to it for decommissioning ?

Stoo.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
MIne wasn't slashed and neither was the last one I bought from Clearwater. It did have it's lines cut though, and both had patches. It seemed expensive but maybe not.....

cheers,
Toddy

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Parachute-Can...85|39:1|66:2|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

£45 + £15 P&P

You are purchasing a used, 32 ft Diameter Green Paratrooper parachute canopy.Ex- Military. Manufactured in nylon.

GUARANTEED No Holes, Rips or Tears.

This Parachute canopy is in mint condition,however the rigging lines have been carefully removed. At the top of the canopy there is a attachment lines still connected.(useful for pulling up)

Many, Many, uses from Decoration,Aircraft cover,Car / Military vehicle cover, Boat cover, Play, Theatre backdrop,Garden shade, OR JUST USE THE FABRIC,the list is endless.

THIS IS A UNIQUE OPPERTUNITY TO PURCHASE A GOOD QUALITY

EX-MILITARY PARATROOPER CANOPY

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now that's better, :D , and if you ask and pay them an extra £10 they'll find you one with the rigging lines still on ........that's worth the money 'cos it's cost me at least that to buy enough new cordage for mine.

cheers,
Toddy

rancid badger

Thanks very much for that lot;)
I'll need the lines on, I wouldn't consider any chute without them. The chute I have, is getting a little tired now. I had actually forgotten how good they are for outdoor teaching set ups.
Thanks again to all;)
R.B.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
They are supposed to cut the lines off every time before they sell them so they can't be used by anyone daft enough to try with a second hand canopy!!
One way trip that!:rolleyes:

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've just bought one Steve. A 35 footer without lines for £30. Lines won't be a problem adding. They don't have to be paracord. Ordinary braided nylon will be plenty strong enough for rigging for a shelter. (It was bought with FOCW events in mind)

Eric

rancid badger

This is what I ended up with:
P9140017copyresized1.jpg

I got it via my brother, who buys stuff from ebay, I don't like ebay at all but have to admit it comes in handy at times:eek:

I wanted to check it for damage etc, so, as it was nearly flat calm at our lads place today:
P9140018copyresized4.jpg

It's in excellent condition, just a couple of minor repairs here and there and all the lines still attached:cool:
A bit pricey at £70 all in but I had a budget of £100 so I'm happy enough:rolleyes:

Many thanks to SimonM for the link;)
thanks to everyone who offered advice too:You_Rock_
cheers
R.B.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I have two of these for use as group shelters, one with small holes/tears which need a little fixing up and one pristine, except for the rigging! Sorry guys but I paid a lot less for the two than you paid for each! Here is the link for when he can get them - www.essexsurplus.com His Italian Bergen is excellent too, never seen another like it, but seems very good value with the extra lid pockets!
A satisfied customer with no connections..............................etc!

rancid badger

I have two of these for use as group shelters, one with small holes/tears which need a little fixing up and one pristine, except for the rigging! Sorry guys but I paid a lot less for the two than you paid for each! Here is the link for when he can get them - www.essexsurplus.com His Italian Bergen is excellent too, never seen another like it, but seems very good value with the extra lid pockets!
A satisfied customer with no connections..............................etc!

Oh, no worries Mike! rest assured; had I been buying for myself, I would probably have pedaled to the shop and back! (its in wiltshire somewhere!) plus it would have taken months for me to finally part with my own cash! I probably would have made do with my old one.
It's nice to have a kit budget sometimes! it can't half save some time and eyestrain:D

cheers
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE