PRIMUS EtaExpress

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I had a play with it in the shop... tbh I do like the look of it, and no doubt from the reviews it's a good stove, but I just wouldn't buy it. Why? If I'm going very light with a gas stove I take a F1 lite, lighter and a titanium mug (total 148g w/o gas), for a nice simple cooking (well, water heating) when I don't mind the weight I take a jetboil... for me I just couldn't see a gap for the eta express. It seemed a bit fiddly to set up, it's more expensive than the jetboil, it's roughly the same weight as the jetboil... the only real advantage I can see (unless someone else can find one) is that you could maybe cook an egg or something in its lid. Personally I prefer the plastic (and non-rattly) lid of the jetboil.
Now if only they'd made a slightly smaller, lightweight titanium version of the jetboil (using something like the folding head of the crux for example for a smaller pot), I reckon they'd have a real winner on their hands

edit: regarding weights whereas ukclimbing lists it as 470g primus puts it as 418 http://www.primus.se/Templates/Pages/3_cols_white_middle.aspx?SectionId=5888

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE