Jerky Recipies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I use:

Garlic, brown sugar, salt, vinegar and soy sauce. Makes excellent jerky.

Just salt and pepper is good too.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Seriously, I go through the spice rack (which for us is actually a cupboard!) and add what I want! The missus does the same with her stuff and we load it into ziploks for a night in the fridge. Next day, we grab some of the trays each and load our jerky onto them. Once completed, we tend to scoff the lot in a day or two!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but does anyone ‘cook’ with it once made, or is it just eaten as is. Does anyone, I don’t know, rehydrate it in a kind of paella or curry it or...

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Last time I added salt, garlic, chilli powder, soy sauce, a pinch of brown sugar, and I think that was it. Maybe paprika, too. I doesn't need a lot. Adding oil or fat will make it spoil, but pretty much everything else you may add is insubstantial spices, or mostly water and salt!

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Soy and chilli. Or Soy and garlic. Overestimate the amount of chilli as when I've used it for jerky the marinade is so hot you'd think it'll be foul but the jerky ended up just right. I've experimented with dry marinades too - you can get little packets of the stuff - was ok but not as good as the wet marinade.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE