GB Carpenters Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Cannot justify two axes now my little pressie has come so i'm offering a Gransfors Bruks carpenters axe up for swap. It's had little use and is sharper than a guardsmans creases! Looking for a Tatonka tarp or, failing that, i'll consider anything interesting. I've also got a Gerber Multitool (similar to a Leatherman only a little more 'Manly'). I'm looking for anything really, but i'd quite like a Mora Trainer (The one with the one piece green handle) or a wooden handled Mora,would consider a Brusletto Balder or Spikke. I'll try to get pic's up this weekend!

BOTH NOW GONE, THANKS!!!

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
A gill net and/or several snares, longlines, anything for catching fish? A pile of netmaking equipment?

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
As promised, here are the pic's. Also up for exchange is a Gerber Multitool. Very robust, in matt black. The finish has minor signs of wear but the tools blade and hinges are as strong as the day it came out of the factor! Comes with a cordura case. offers for this please, though i would'nt mind a Mora 740 training knife or a wooden handled Mora, either but high carbon and not stainless please.

Sorry Fishy, not looking for 'Fishy' equipment at the moment, but thanks for the offer anyway. Sapper old boy, good to see you around. Again, not really what i'm after thanks for thinking.

Aaron, could you give me some more details please? What colour is it and exactly what is a 'Technical' cotton tarp (forgive my ignorance but it is the cotton version i'm after)? Is it similar to the Polycotton TC Tarp 2 as listed on Tamarak's web site? Any chance of a pic?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good call Aragorn - one of only three axes I have ever parted with. I regret it :( Indeed I regret selling every axe I have sold bar one.... its a corking axe though

Red

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Could i ask what colour it is, how old it is and is it the 200 or 300? Cheers Mr Fishy!

It's the alpha, I reckon it's about 20 years old. It is green with an orange and yellow inner. It still handles pretty good, recently proofed with nikwax, I was up in a good storm at about 4000 feet in the the cairngorms and it coped excellently. I'd reckon it is a tight squeeze for 3.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE