Ray Mears latest programme

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Good I thought, like all the others so far. Is the next one the last in the series until next year.

This is the second best programme so far after the first one IMO and it is the only one where i didnt find my attention wagging abit.

Your thoughts?

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i thought it was interesting the way that he changed rucksacks and loading several times during his safari :roll:

the africans have long used tracking for military/police purposes.

cheers, and.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
sargey said:
i thought it was interesting the way that he changed rucksacks and loading several times during his safari :roll:

Yes I noticed that too, one minute he had a full size sack and then the next a daysack, still it must be a godsend a lighter load when walking in that heat.

Zacary

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2004
I wonder where he put all the stuff he had in his sack when we wasnt carrying it on his trek across the wilderness?

Thats magic!

leon-1

Tom tom, you need to meet Max. :wink:

What was the other pack that Ray used, the first was a sabre45 with side pouches, I am curious.

Yet another machete, this time it looked like the issue one.

Good to see the Masai again though and the wildlife shots were very good.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Absolutely gutted :cry:

Due to a miscalculation with the duration of the cassette I am using to record the series I only got the first 5 minutes before the tape rewound its self :cry:

Infamy, infamy... everybody's got it infamy!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I enjoyed it.... Is it me or is Ray relaxing a bit these days, there was a fair bit of 'banter' with the Masai and he seemed really chilled.... Nice one !!

I'm a great believer of not taking yourself too seriously :super:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
According to the BEEB there isn't one on next week ...

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I liked it. I agree Ray was quite relaxed and could joke about 'having the biggest pack AGAIN'. I had a Massai guide when I was in Tanzania in the Ngoro Ngoro crater and they really have a sense of humor, but they are feared by regular Tanzanian people because they are not afraid to use their seme (Massai sword). Truly fierce people.

I just love it how the guide just walked around with no obvious pack or anything. Using your cloak as a water purifier, now that is lightweight bushcraft.

Lennart

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
Is no one going to say anything even mildly critical of RM's latest outing? After all the previous carping I can't believe everyone liked it.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
be critical of the show if you want mate... i think it when people start calling ray fat and giving the Admins a load of :***: that threads get shut down! :?:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE