Bear Grylls clothing range

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I got a Craghoppers catalogue sent through after buying a shirt from them for £10 and noticed that Bear Grylls has his own range in clothes, lol. Then again its miles cheaper than Woodlore stuff.

http://www.craghoppers.com/CraghoppersSite/pages/home/default.asp?Rootctgry=BearGrylls

I must admit I do like the Nosquitto combats with the patches (they remind me of my old carpet fitting trousers) though if I bought them I'd have to add a patch over the logo. :rolleyes:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Yeah, it was discussed a while back. It shouldn't make any difference, but the general consensus was that it does. many of us would rather turn up to a meet in nothing but a DPM posing pouch than be seen in BG Craggies! Firebreather, on the other hand, was just waiting for the excuse!

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
i remember the thread from last time. i believe it was locked as an online public lynching ensued. i think we all feel the same about teddy bear but i still like craghoppers clothing. (the non grylls range);)

Dan

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
TK MAX, currently have some good buys on craghopper clothing, and not a grilled bear item in sight !.

Things have changed. I was in TK Max at the weekend looking for some cheap shirts for work and they had a lot of the BG branded Craghopper kit discounted to half price. Seems like it hasn't been the runaway success everyone predicted :)

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I saw them in TK Max also. I'll wait and see if they go on the clearance rail and then cover the logo with a patch (thanks for the idea, have cyber pint on me)
jon

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Debenham's are also selling everything in the Craghoppers range off cheap (Bear and Bear-less), I picked up a bunch yesterday for peanuts, at least half price in most cases. There is also a sale currently on their website where everything I looked at was reduced.

Was speaking with GrahamS at the weekend and I think he and I are going to stock up so we can wind up all the Bear-baiters at the Moot :nana: :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It's good kit.
I don't care who has their name on it.
If I can get it cheap, all the better.
I'm off to TK Maxx in the morning to pick up some stuff for the Moot :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Sorry to sound like I've not been paying attention but is BG and (his range) now considered naff?

Some people are put off by the embroidered name on the clothing.
Bear annoys some people on this site, so by association, the clothing range is annoying.
It's still good kit, despite the name stitched on it.
I'm not a big fan of Bear and his antics, but I'm not so offended as to turn down decent kit at a low price. It strikes me as cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
It's another manifestation of "must have a green tarp" syndrome - recently seen in the Crocs thread too!

It's one thing to object to an item if it's badly made or not up to spec - and that may include the need for low-profile colours - but a lot of the comments are based around the need for peer acceptance and not looking like a "noob".

Bless!

It's a shame image plays such a role in Bushcraft - it's generally not a sheeple-type activity - but it does mean that the rest of us can pick up decent gear for bargain prices, and leave the image-heads to their brand names and "correct" bushcraft equipment ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It's another manifestation of "must have a green tarp" syndrome - recently seen in the Crocs thread too!

It's one thing to object to an item if it's badly made or not up to spec - and that may include the need for low-profile colours - but a lot of the comments are based around the need for peer acceptance and not looking like a "noob".

Bless!

It's a shame image plays such a role in Bushcraft - it's generally not a sheeple-type activity - but it does mean that the rest of us can pick up decent gear for bargain prices, and leave the image-heads to their brand names and "correct" bushcraft equipment ;)

I ain'nt paying £25 for any shirt, don't care whose name is or is not on it ;) Your spot on about peer acceptance or pressure even. A lot of new people to the forum and this crazy camping hobby will read posts and feel they 'must' buy this or that bit of kit, 'must not have DPM kit' etc. This pastime is fast become way too fashion concious for my likes.

For those going to the moot, listen to what Mors has to say about kit, look at what he wears and uses, it could come as a real shock to some members here.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I ain'nt paying £25 for any shirt, don't care whose name is or is not on it ;) Your spot on about peer acceptance or pressure even. A lot of new people to the forum and this crazy camping hobby will read posts and feel they 'must' buy this or that bit of kit, 'must not have DPM kit' etc. This pastime is fast become way too fashion concious for my likes.

For those going to the moot, listen to what Mors has to say about kit, look at what he wears and uses, it could come as a real shock to some members here.

Says the man who helped set the Hex3 trend ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE