which lavvu should I buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
Thats great news, thanks for the info. Will give them a call.

BTW, I spoke to Roger Harrington at Bison and he also offered to bring one along to one of his events.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I had a look at the porsanger on the tamarack stall during the midland game fair and I too was very impressed but I also like the tent tipi,
what is is bringing over to buying the posanger is that tamerack offered to set me up to pay instalments by standing order and ship the lavvu when full payement is made, this is a serious concideration as saving money is not one of my strong points, especially when there's kit to buy

Ian

Hi Ian,

Have a look in the FM section for details of 10% discount from Tamarack.

I rate Tamarack very highly and have spent about £3000 so far this year with them, setting up school outdoor education / D o E kit. Staff are very friendly and helpful to boot!

HTH

Simon

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Nice tent Chris
I was inspecting SOAR's and PJMCBear's Bison tents when we were all together at the Delamere meet. I'd just received my Tentipi Varrie 9cp at the time and was interested.

Basically, there are differences, but it's impossible to quantify them as £600 worth of differences. I decided that it was a 'tent for life' and that a couple of years down the line I wouldn't care about the money spent.
The main thing which swung it for me is the cloth colour - I like a light interior.

Talking of which, my wife's favourite Lavvu was the Helsport Varanger because it was light and airy and easier to dry (we don't have a big enough garden to dry ours) and would be my choice if weight was an issue. I did really fancy the cotton fabric this time though.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Someone mentioned seeing tentipis in the flesh. If you can't get to the moot (mine'll be there at least), Proadventure in Llangollen have one on display and also rent (with a refund if you buy).

In the end I got mine from Caspar at Nordic Outdoor who I can thoroughly recommend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE