One to watch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
Discovery Travel & Adventure
Monday 4 October
09:00 & 14:00

Guide to survival in which ex-SAS man Brummie Stokes shows outdoor novice Andy Collins some essential survival techniques. Brummie meets Andy in the Forest of Dean and teaches him how to build a fire for warth and cooking

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
This is a good series for those who aint seen it - Andy starts off with all the usual kit but each day brummy teaches him how to use a natural alternative and then takes away his modern item.

Andy is a little tongue in cheek but then I like that too - its a refreshing change from the heavy stuff! :biggthump

PS I think its called lost in the woods or some such

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, I'll record it. I'm happy to post the cassette to someone if they want to post it around further... Or I could just stick it on a CD as an avi file if that's easier?

I'm going to record it any way so it's no bother.

p.s. is it on every week? or is this a one off?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Squidders said:
Well, I'll record it. I'm happy to post the cassette to someone if they want to post it around further... Or I could just stick it on a CD as an avi file if that's easier?

I'm going to record it any way so it's no bother.

p.s. is it on every week? or is this a one off?

Would like to take you up on that one m8y.. if thats ok! :biggthump

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Ok,

I recorded both episodes and they are both the same (The one at 0900 and 1400)...

Due to copyright concerns I can maybe make the file available to you, please PM me if you want it.

By saying this I am in no way endorsing copyright theft or intellectual property theft or involving the bushcraftuk sites or its moderators/members with the distribution of such files so neurgh!

Joe

Zacary

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2004
I caught this this evening Brummie Stokes and SAS guy. It was a good programme a little tongue in cheek and the skills were a little rough around the edges but I guess this is the difference better survival and bushcraft eh!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i just saw it, Thanks to Squidders (legend :biggthump ) looks like the sas do things a bit differently to ray!!

i must admit i never though i never thought of looking for tinder in my belly botton!! but then i guess its not really worth it enless you have a whole platoons worth of the fluf!! :rolmao:

Thanks again Squidders

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
No worries tomtom :wink:

next part will be up tomorrow... and as for the belly button fluff... that's the best use I have seen for it. for some reason it's always blue, even if I am not wearing anything blue... I wonder how that happens :?:

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
This is a bit more like the stuff I would like to see Ray Mears do.
The thinks that we can do and can learn more from this type of program.
Although this type is for the beginner, I notice not one of these programs that I have seen, have mentioned the fact that it is illegal to make a fire in this country (even when the program is set in this country)
If i was a beginner, I would think it was allowed

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
gillmacca said:
Although this type is for the beginner, I notice not one of these programs that I have seen, have mentioned the fact that it is illegal to make a fire in this country (even when the program is set in this country)
If i was a beginner, I would think it was allowed

Why do you think fires are illegal in this country GM? There are many places you can light a fire legally. In my fireplace is one example, or on my own land. Can you explain as I'm confused.

Bill

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
What i meant was, in the woods.
If i was new to bushcraft, and saw this program, i would have thought it ok to make a fire in the forest

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
It can be if you have permission. It is not blanket 'illegal'. There are quite a few campsites where you can have fires or if you get the wood owners permission you are fine. I get what you mean that none of this is mentioned in bushcraft programs though.

Bill

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Ok, Part 2 is recorded and edited... I'll be in the same location as before at about 11:00am tomorrow... actually, scratch that... THIS morning :wink:

god i'm tired :yikes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE