Goodbye Bcuk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Sorry people, but I'm off.

I've gone and got myself a new flat but it doesn't have a phone line and I just found out I move in on saturday.
So this is me saying goodbye. :(

I'm not sure when, or if, I'll get back online but I'll try to pop in when I can.

I can still be contacted on my mobile for those that have the number, so if someone could keep me posted on the South East meets I'd be very greatful (I'm looking at you Twoflower :) )

I'll be at the Bushmoot though, so hopefully i'll see a few of you there :cool:

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
Who are you again? :D

Glad you've sorted out your new place mate, I would offer to help you move but I'll be in the woods this weekend (sorry, salt in the wound). I'll keep you updated of all the happenings on BCUK and hopefully we'll see you back again soon!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good luck with the flat :D Although i'm not sure that's true if it takes you away from here:( Hope you're back online sooner rather than later;)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
See you at Burger King with more toys for leather cladding - I'll pm my mobile afore ye go. Take it easy, at least your flatmates bailiffs won't get you now!

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
Oh and if you want to pop over* to use the internet then let me know, can't have you not posting on here!

*pop over is used in the loosest way possible ;)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
We just moved to a new flat we didnt get a tv just a computer. the tv license is worded as such to imply you need a lisence for a computer, but you dont. You only need a license to watch bbci and live tv on the net.
If you dont have a tv, dont fall for their balls!!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
How do those USB stick things work out? I've seen the adverts saying you get broadband speed with them and don't need a landline to use them. Could be worth looking in to.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
How do those USB stick things work out? I've seen the adverts saying you get broadband speed with them and don't need a landline to use them. Could be worth looking in to.

Just like is say on the tin, so long as you are in a 3G area, not sure its quite broadband speed but they are a lot quicker than I imagined they would be.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I use one everyday for work, they get 3.6Mbps as opposed to 54Mbps for my wireless broadband. Still they do the job relatively quickly and are OK for normal posting. Carp for downloads though! (I don't use it for that as it's against company policy and I dont have a week to download one item!) The cost is the thing, I think my company has a 2GB download limit per month and pays £15pcm?
Oh yeh, if your not in a 3G area you only get GPRS and that is so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Jan 22, 2006
uk
times without tinternet...at first you think 'NOOO!' and then when you havent got it you realise how much time you waste on it (this site excl :) )... and get round to reading those books that have been gathering dust since xmas or even.....going out!

good time of year to ditch the net...says me inside on the laptop when theres a beaut evening out there. In fact i'm off out, cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE