Who's going to the Moot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
This will be our 3rd time so looking forward to seeing you all down there. :)

I fancy having a go at making some bits of 'rustic' furniture. Other plans are some kinds of baskets and a few bone tools. I've got a plastic box labled 'Bone's which I find a bit wierd. :D

Stu

I must pick up a deer's leg bone from you when I see you Stu.

I still need one for Debs drum.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
I was thinking of going, is the friday an arrival day and the last day departures or does it all kick of early doors on the friday ?

Was thinking of getting edin flight to cardif and train over to bridgend. but need to decided on the friday morn flight or thursday evening....

Also what to take ? hammock and tarp, sleeping bag, and some munchies, change of clothes and a towel ? i.e. usuall bushcraft gear, maybe minus a knife if im going on a plane....

Stoo.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I was thinking of going, is the friday an arrival day and the last day departures or does it all kick of early doors on the friday ?

Was thinking of getting edin flight to cardif and train over to bridgend. but need to decided on the friday morn flight or thursday evening....

Also what to take ? hammock and tarp, sleeping bag, and some munchies, change of clothes and a towel ? i.e. usuall bushcraft gear, maybe minus a knife if im going on a plane....

Stoo.

Yes, arrive any time Friday lunch time onwards, people set up, have a wander, meet under the chute etc Tue is take down, any last minute workshops etc and leave for lunch timeish :D

If you're coming down on the plane don't worry about getting to shops and things, there's always people going out that will give you a lift etc.
Be great to have you:D

Bobbin

Jan 20, 2007
England
I'll be there too, my second Moot. :)

Had a really good time last year. :D

Memory like a sieve when it comes to learning new stuff :eek: but the Moot's ideal for that as people are happy to share their bushcraft knowledge and even to repeat themselves in the hope that I'll remember something!

That, and the nice folk you meet there, is why I'm coming back. ;)

See you all then.

Bobbin

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'll be there for the full Moot - Friday to Tuesday. I discovered BCUK too late last year to get to the Moot and I'm looking forward to putting some faces to names.

See you there.

Geoff

RussT

Apr 6, 2008
London
Another first timer here, but going the whole hog. Me, wife and 4 kids and probably fully loaded trailer (haven't got the hang of travelling light yet) will be there on friday waiting for gate to open :)
As we will have the tents etc May drop into somerset/devon for a few days afterwards on way back to London and pitch camp somewhere.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
I'll be there along with my wife, Sara and 2 children, Niall and Jonas.
First time at the moot. Just been to the Delamere meets before now. Really looking forward to it!
Cheers
Alex

D

Deleted member 4605

My friend and I are just trying to organise leave to come down for the whole thing. It'll be our first - something always got in the way for the others...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We're aiming to keep it about the same size as last year. We will limit the Moot to about 150 adults but we'll have day visitors on top of this as well. The timetable has been simplified to accommodate changes and to leave things less manic.

the site can cope with 600+ and we'll be way way under that. Because of the nature of the site it will seem like there's less people, when we're all together it's quite a big group.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE