Some Pic's with my new camera (Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Some pics with my new Canon EOS 400D never done any photography was just having a play.

IMG_0009_1.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0001_1.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0001_2.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Matt

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That's the way to do it Matt, just play about. That's the beauty of digital photography, not having to develop the film and find you've wasted your money! Just delete the rubbish and learn from your mistakes and successes!

:D

Hi Matt - pretty good shots for someone who has never done any photography before :) You seem to have a natural understanding composition - you just need to refine it a bit.

I bet these were taken in low light or shade - yes? You have your ISO set very high at 1600 - this will introduce unnecessary noise in most circumstances. Try to keep your ISO as low as possible to keep the noise low - only bump it up if you need to.

Keep practising - its absolutely the best way to learn!!!

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
:D always nice to see someone enjoying their new kit!

re. the second from last pic: ISO 1600 but I see shot at 55mm (cropped = 88mm equiv.) @ 1/60s - you did well keeping it sharp (assuming handheld) at that combination - ISO 1600 looks like a good choice. Nice to see you're shooting on manual too; great way to learn (and keep shooting!).

By the way just a thought, Noiseware, from http://www.imagenomic.com/ is a great tool if you've had to shoot at high ISO but want to lose some of the noise. I find it's a bit less effective with my Nikon kit (unfortunately no D3, which would probably render it unnecessary anyway), but it does a fantastic job with the colour noise Canon cameras tend to leave at high ISO. Might prove useful.

Happy shooting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE