Crocs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crocs, Love Em or Hate Em

• Love Em

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Hate Em

Votes: 187 56.7%

• Total voters

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
I bought some in Canada for a canoe trip in Algonquin. They were perfect for in the canoe and portaging.

Practical, but you can't love them! "Ambivalent" would be my answer.

Miggers

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I have a pair that I usually wear round the house/garden instead of slippers. They're very comfy, let your feet breathe, are great for camping/beach, dry quickly, seem to be very hard wearing. But they look a little odd. Pros outweigh the cons though for me.

yep that says it for me..never could find a pair of slippers I liked, something that I could slip on to pop into the garden with compost tub, functional they are pretty they ain't, better now they can be had for less than £10 couple of years ago they were £40

Didn't realise it was a link :eek:

That'll be a "No" then, 'cos no way would I ever willingly choose to wear those.......they look like the very worst of woolies plastic sandles from the 60's.......uncomfortable, sweaty, let in sand and gravel and keep it rubbing against the skin, slippy on damp grass and moss......I'm going barefoot. :D

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy they are quite different to 60's plastic, sort of funny soft foamy stuff that is very comfy though I like a nice pair of handmade leather sandals these are great for slipping on and off, our kids live in them in the summer.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Not appealing at all.

Have a pair of Merrel Jungle Mocs as they were on sale (£20!! *) when I was looking for slippers few years back. Wear them every day, very comfortable. Survived washings in a machine no problem.

* Been kicking myself since, should've bought more pairs as they're >£40 everwhere now :/

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
I know someone who simply adores them and tells me that they are indeed incredibly light, versatile and comfortable. He still looks a total twonk in them, of course, but that's not the most important thing in life.

The most remarkable thing about Crocs is that they are perhaps the only practical footwear that's actually uglier than the old Maine Hunting Shoe.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I love mine and I started off with the red wellies not the sandals. I liked them that much that i went out and got a pair of the sandals.........i have got 2 pair now and i am thinking of getting another pair.
Ignore the fact that you look very silly in them and try them they are that comfy. Then again i dont care what other people think i look like. We ( well most of the time :cool: ) all claim not to worry what others think so I challenge you all go and try them on and see what I mean.

Greg

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
There seems to be two definite camps - "Hate them, they're ugly" and "Love them, they're ugly, but they're great". No-one's said they're pretty!

Has anyone that hates them, tried them, or is it all aesthetics?

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Must have found my feminine side then!!

When I first tried on a pair I bought them straight away, much to my wife's delight as I used to laugh at her when she was wearing hers.

Still think they look stupid but as far as I am concerned, 'Comfort Rules OK':lmao:

George

Lucyc

Forager
Jan 19, 2008
Somerset
I'm afraid I hate them so much I even wrote an article in the school magazine about how much I hate them :rolleyes: (I'd been forced into the editorial team so it was compulsory to do something :p)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats not good enough, Lucy, why do you hate them?

I know I said they were vulgar but they are certainly practical,. and many people (even chiropodists) like them

Lucyc

Forager
Jan 19, 2008
Somerset
Thats not good enough, Lucy, why do you hate them?

I know I said they were vulgar but they are certainly practical,. and many people (even chiropodists) like them

They're just.. I don't know - I can appreciate they're comfortable and practical definitely, but then, they're all gross and plastic and they have holes in them - what's with that! And it really bugs me the way they have crocs which are fur-lined for winter, and yet they still have holes in them.. And really:
187036288_f88ce3cc33.jpg

And then what if you get your feet wet? They must slide around and get all gross inside.. And apparently they make your feet sweat too?
I think it's just a personal thing - I could never bring myself to wear something so hideous :p Especially having seen my ginger friend wearing hot pink ones (and he's a guy).. It's just not right!!!

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I don't get the wellie-style or the ones without holes but I am hooked on the holey ones. I wouldn't wear them 'out', but as indoor/outdoor slippers they are fantastic. You can wear them around the house and pop out to the bin or up the garden to feed the ducks in them. They come into their own when you're camping. Just the thing to stick your feet into when you need to pop to the loo in the dark, flip the bit over your heel and they're secure enough to walk the dog in. We all wear 'em in this house; boys & girls!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE