M.S simple B&T knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
Thought I would show this Bird and Trout knife I have just completed out of 2mm thick o1 Scandi ground, Scales are Plastcised Curly Birch, with Brass hidden bolts
Blade = 100mm, Handle 105mm
Thanks for looking

Various004.jpg

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Very nice knife Mick, how is the plasticized Birch to work with compared to normal Birch?, I only ask because I am currently using curly Birch on a project, much difference?.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
Very nice knife Mick, how is the plasticized Birch to work with compared to normal Birch?, I only ask because I am currently using curly Birch on a project, much difference?.

Hello Simon
The Platicised CurlyBirch is nice to work and is very hard and strong, The only thing I find is the process changes the colour, which is a bit of a downer for me because I like natural wood and C/B is one of my favorits in it's natural form
But Being stabilised with the Plasticising process does give that waterproofing and all the rest of it characteristic

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I've got to admit I agree with you on that one Mick I love Curly Birch myself, I am using it on my second knife project at the minute, just oiled it and the wood looks stunning, I will get some pics up soon for you to see.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
I've got to admit I agree with you on that one Mick I love Curly Birch myself, I am using it on my second knife project at the minute, just oiled it and the wood looks stunning, I will get some pics up soon for you to see.

Sounds Good Simon, I even like the smell of Curly Birch
Look foward to the pics:)

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Lovely piece of steel. What hardness is it tempered to?

For me personally I prefer stainless for my fishing knifes, also good because you can give it a serious wash up afterwards. Smart to use plastcised birch for that reason though.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
Lovely piece of steel. What hardness is it tempered to?

For me personally I prefer stainless for my fishing knifes, also good because you can give it a serious wash up afterwards. Smart to use plastcised birch for that reason though.

Cheers BS it's tempered to 58 rockwell:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE