Woodland Edge Firebox/ Stove Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I make that...

kiltedpict ***RECEIVED***
andy_e ***RECEIVED***
eskimotwenty ***RECEIVED***
Jacko***RECEIVED***
shocks***RECEIVED***
Bowser ***RECEIVED***
Crofter ***RECEIVED***

xavierdoc ---UNDER A TARP IN SUSSEX-WHO KNOWS?---
Richie O---RED CARD OF MISERY, PROBABLY GOT IT-WHO KNOWS?---

UKHaiku (Dave, you should have had it by now?)
ZDP-189

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Received mine today :) Thanks again for arranging order Mick/David/Matt.. ;)

No assembly instructions with mine , but think I've figured it out by looking at the photos on the woodland edge site, with the exception of a small end piece with a couple very small tabs - can't work out what configuration would use it..? (Maybe it's like the screws left over when assembling DIY furniture? (or at least when I assemble furniture! :D))

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Nice one, thanks Andy...

I was just not putting the top one of the small end plates on, but it's optional where it is dependent on wind etc... :)

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I make that...

kiltedpict ***RECEIVED***
andy_e ***RECEIVED***
eskimotwenty ***RECEIVED***
Jacko***RECEIVED***
shocks***RECEIVED***
Bowser ***RECEIVED***
Crofter ***RECEIVED***
UKHaiku ***RECEIVED***

xavierdoc ---UNDER A TARP IN SUSSEX-WHO KNOWS?---
Richie O---RED CARD OF MISERY, PROBABLY GOT IT-WHO KNOWS?---

ZDP-189

Looking good so far, very much looking forward to getting mine soon!

Richie O

Jan 10, 2007
Harold Wood, Essex
Just got home and after much tearing of packaging gave a cheer of delight!!! Gonna cook dinner on it tonight, even if the missus has said no. What do i care, she can't stop me she's in the bath!!!
MWHAAHAAHAHAA!!!
:D

Thanks Dave, Mick, Matt or whoever you really are :)

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Okay I managed to get a crusader mug of water to a rolling boil in 20 minutes, not that good you may think? But consider it was tipping it down, the wood was Elder and therefore a bit poop it was also wet having sat in a container with half an inch of water at the bottom.

All in all it performed well despite the taxing conditions, it now no longer looks anywhere near as shiny or clean as it once did though, a real baptism of fire!

David, Dave or Mick (not sure where Matt came from but hey)

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Yep, used mine as well tonight. Did some char cloth on it. Stove kept going for ages, great design. :D
Cheers again Mick!

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
xavierdoc ---UNDER A TARP IN SUSSEX-WHO KNOWS---

Please let me know as and when you get them chaps, I just want to ensure everyone gets there's as expected.

I have emerged from my five star luxury tarp bivvy (five stars because that's the total number of stars I saw all week)

I have a freezer full of venison and rabbit, two fallow pelts, 3 litres of birch "sap" and a very worn ferrocium rod!

Arrived home and found my stove sitting on kitchen sideboard. -My kindly Pa picked up the red-card and avoided return-to-sender-disaster!

Would have loved to have the stove with me as I tested loads of kit (some to destruction!) and my make-shift hobo stove was pretty poor.

Will post pics, reviews and account of the week when I have strength and hands have healed! Can't believe I chose last week to be in sussex.:eek:

Thanks Mick/Matt/Mark for the group buy.

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
So, my stove didn't arrive before I set off for "sunny" sussex. Luckily there was a handy scrap metal skip to hand...

Can you spot the ready-made "stove"
skip2008feb-marf30065.jpg

It worked quite nicely as a heater/cooker in the shelter (lorry tarp)
campbunny2008feb-marf30149.jpg

I'm sure the Woodland edge stove will be superior.
hobocamp2008feb-marf30123.jpg

I'm missing that place already.:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE