PRE-MAC personal water purifier model pwp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I was passing through Chester yesterday and dropped into Soldier of fortune,where I picked up the above water filter,Ive never seen one before but at £5 a pop I thought I may have a bargain,yeah the box is tatty and knocked about and there are no instructions but the actual contents of the box is brand new.Anyone know anything about it??/ used one??? have any instructions??? are they any good???:D

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
i used to have them, but it's really heavy and easy to knock over (top heavy) . It is really quick, though...

I sold mine and bought a proper ceramic filter
Well at £5 I thought I'd risk it!:)

Anyone got any info???

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
i used to have them, but it's really heavy and easy to knock over (top heavy) . It is really quick, though...

I sold mine and bought a proper ceramic filter

I was told a few years ago on a course that the premac filters are the best . And not to buy
a ceramic filter as they can get a hair line crack in them that you cant see and then
all the bad stuff comes through with the water.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
This should help:

http://www.pre-mac.com/PWP_PWP.HTM

:)

And this from the "Jane's" website;

Title
Pre-Mac hand-held personal water purifiers, models SWP, MWP and PWP (United Kingdom)

Section
WATER SUPPLIES

Appearing in
Jane's Military Vehicles and Logistics

Publication date
Jun 24, 2003

Description
Pre-Mac International's personal water purifiers have been designed for military use in consultation with UK MoD (Army) medical authorities. The complete range are NATO codified and can be supplied with carrying pouches and a simple water test kit. The model SWP is ideal for emergency or survival conditions, while the model MWP which has easily changeable cartridges meets the requirements of lightly scaled troops. The model PWP has the greatest capacity of the Pre-Mac hand-held range of personal water purifiers and screws onto the standard NATO and American-style water bottles. All models in the range produce safe drinking water from sources contaminated with high levels of bacteria, virus and parasitic contamination. They are also capable of removing organic matter, improving taste, smell and the general appearance of treated water. In operation they treat water through a filtration and disinfection process. Source water is initially filtered through a pre-filter to remove solid particles and is then passed through an activated charcoal cloth filter to remove further particulate matter and organic contamination. This is followed by the disinfection process using an iodine resin complex. Secondary disinfection takes place in the water bottle during a holding period of two minutes prior to consumption. This residual biocide ensures that the treated water remains free of bacterial, viral and parasitic contamination.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Thank you Ark Angel,very much appreciated my friend,thank you.

By the way,they had a couple more left on the shelf if anyone is interested,at £5 a pop Just drop in and have a look.!:)

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I think folks have misunderstood me,this is not a group buy.It was more of a heads up.Besides Ive figured out why they were selling for just a £5.The filters are old,like dated 1993:eek: .There shelf life is 5 years and so most likely not useable!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I think folks have misunderstood me,this is not a group buy.It was more of a heads up.Besides Ive figured out why they were selling for just a £5.The filters are old,like dated 1993:eek: .There shelf life is 5 years and so most likely not useable!

Before you abandon all hope, speak with Premac about the shelf life. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE