Wet Cold/ Dry Cold?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Douglas said:
Sorel boots? It's what most people around here who spend alot of time in the snow use for relaxing their feet (you need proper mountaineering boots for anything technical). They're originally canadian, and I think are used by mushers originally(I think that's their names, the guys that drive dog sleds) but eveybody who spends time outdoors in the cold has a pair! You can get them in any sort of warmth and they're really comfy)

That's what they look like typically:
sorel.boots.jpg
Hi...

That boot is in 2 versions. One who keeps you warm down to -40 C and another who keeps you warm to -93 C!!! :shock: :wink:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
:offtopic: or you can use then like welsh sheep farmers do! :yikes:

Having said that a lot of native peoples in northern canadian were then in the summer months and they were very popular among the hill farms and nomadic groups in bosnia during the war so vanity aside they might be worth looking into.

-93 was that on a link the viking?

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I have Steger Mukluks. They are superb up to 20 degrees. Above that and wet conditions will soak them. Sorels are my second choice for variable temps. Mickey Mouse boots are horrible. They were designed to keep feet warm while operatiing machinery or very short walks. Walking any distance whatsoever is utterly impossible. BTDT.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Cheers Chris I think you confirmed my suspicions - I guess Sorel/mukluk combo would be the thing with woollen socks and felt liners for both!

Thanks guys for all your input. :You_Rock_

Zacary

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2004
That combination would set you through most eventualities - how will you be moving? Snowshoes or skidoo's?

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
ermm I think skiing and the odd stretch of hitching - not sure really still planning it all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE