Bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Not to sound too keen or anything but what are the dates for next years Summer Bushmoot? :D

Just trying to get in first with booking holidays at work.

Thanks
Stu

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Bummer.. already been warned I might not be able to go (leaving the wife with a what will be a 4 month old)..
But the 5th August is our 2nd wedding anniversary... that won't go down well!

Perhaps if i start working on her now i might whittle her down but when it comes time to book :)

Cheers
Carlo

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I can't believe it's the first week of August and not the last week of July. Gutted.

No way (at least in the current job ;) ) can I take the first week of any month off.

:(

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
The Moot is on the 1st - 5th Aug 2008

Ha ha ha, Tony - I love you!
I had thought that it would be the end of July again, in which case I'd have to bow out with a wedding in Cornwall (we could just have made it for the sunday evening, but in suits and posh frocks it would have been frowned upon, unless I could convince a lot of people that it was a new Bushy fashion statement).

But now I don't have to make any excuse!

See you there

Ogri the trog

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
I am a bit tempted.... I might be brave enough by then to come along and meet all
you axe-wielding maniacs from the internet :D
Why wait till next year when there are smaller meets going on once a month not that far from you. With just as much skill sharing, if not more than a big moot.:)

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Good point, but I think in a small group I'd be more of a draw on resources because I
don't have much experience. I think if people are having small meets they might
prefer to get on and do stuff rather than have to accommodate the new girl all the
time.

Plus I think I'd feel more comfortable in a more formal setting. Bushcraft is startling
enough without doing it beyond my comfort zone :D

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
The point of Bushcraft is sharing info and developing our skills. You shouldn't wait till next year to get out and start making new friends. There are planty of smaller meets organised throughout the year.

The first week of August works well for me.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
No quite right, I will be doing some more stuff between now and then, not just
reading about it on the forum - honest :D

I just like to take things at my own pace really... am chilled :cool:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Good to have the dates in advance. I certainly hope to be there.

BTW, are there any dates yet for a Spring Moot (or even a Winter one)?

I'm also interested in local events - I know Jason offered me an invitation to the Bucks meets when I joined the forum earlier this year but, perhaps a bit like Jodie (no offence meant) :) , I'm a bit slow in coming forward (and family committments mean that weekends are often busy) but I'd like to meet up with some of you like minded folk.

The Wilderness Gathering was good but a bit lonely if you're not too good at striking up conversations with strangers!

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE