The ultimate SAK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

The problem with such a thing is that it has far TOO MANY LAYERS to be comfortable.... I think Victorinox is way pass the line, if they wanted to make something ultimate! A Hercules or Workchamp has what a SAK need, I think. :wink: My personal choice is an Outrider which has 4 layers. That makes it comfortable to hold at. 5 is max, in my mind anyway. :biggthump

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
It is. You can see it on the tools and knives. :wink:
By the way, I don't think Vic. is mentioning all the SAK's they make on the site?!

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Thats one of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen :lmao: Wouldnt it be better to buy lots of SAK's and have all the tools so that you can spread the weight evenly across your body.
Almost as bad as the USB SAK. Now you can cut things, fix the hoover and save your word documents all in one.

Douglas

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2004
Switzerland
If any of you guys ever go to geneva, go to the knife museum. It's a room in the basement of a knife shop, entry is free. I can't remember the name of the knife shop.

Anyway, they have all the knives you could possibly imagine, fixed blades and folders, and in a little room next to the big one the have Swiss army knives. In the SAK room, they have an enormous penknife, it has 200 blades, and took 3 months to make...The one on that link is minute in comparison :lol:

Here's the address if you're interested :
Musée de la Coutellerie Suisse
Rue de la Confédération 15, 1204 Genève
Tél. +41 22 310 91 33 / Fax +41 22 310 08 21
Site internet: www.fontaine.ch

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

Actually it is original! They have made two new ones: the XLT & the XXLT..... :wink:
XLT.
XXLT.
The XXLT is double as much as the XLT. :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE