Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's i really haven't been doing much bushcafty recently, mosly childcare on any spare time.
i have noticed in the last couple of weeks more and more edible plants(berries) being ready, infact i walked home today and nibbled on blackberries, elderberries and himalayan balsam(i think) flower seeds(nice and nutty), i've spent some time repairing kit, making gear, and collecting equipment.

thanks to Damascus, i now have some RAF survival gear (we did a cool swap some time ago:cool: ),

i still have some stuff for lord learcher, and i'm missing the smell of wood smoke!
sorry about not keeping upto date about stuff, hopefully 'll be free to do stuff soon.

thanks for all the well wishing messages!:You_Rock_

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hi all
Im going to be in the Brundall to Yarmouth area for a few nights can anyone tell me of some places that would be easy to get to for a quick camp overnight.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi all
Im going to be in the Brundall to Yarmouth area for a few nights can anyone tell me of some places that would be easy to get to for a quick camp overnight.

Sorry weekender, if it any help to you, i am still learning the area myself, there are some campsites near potter heigham.

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
Hi guy's just to let you know why i've been away for a while!

My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on monday night,
7lb 12oz,

so the last few week or so have been a bit busy to say the least, and at present i am a full time housewife(husband) looking after my other two kiddy's.

glad to see people are still doing stuff

hope to see you all again soon!

Richard:You_Rock_

May I add my congratulations on your sons birth and wish you all a happy future.

Jay-Jay

May 11, 2006
Thetford
Hi guys how's it going. What have you all been up to? Anyone been camping?
Me and Lordlurcher have had a few rambles on his turf and an overnight camp on mine.
Had a lot of fun but have'nt learned any new skills yet:) The camping was rudely interrupted by a rave but still managed to get some sleep after a few bevys:headbang:

y1pvO_HbOoXhKgocYfN3OwlM_vVLp9B9K2682a596t4LkbkHEyrR3YqpRH_vfpcZnNPB2AjMvZXWm4

My old mate Marky relaxing at base camp.

y1pvO_HbOoXhKjp0gkmv3iC4I6CfcdIyMaS5-AJ46YzI6S7PgubieHQ6bnPhnXx-dN6A43AIoXujFI

This site i have used a lot and has several different types of shelters.

y1pvO_HbOoXhKh_fAu-EDFO0ENWmgMrkLMlQi-gQdxfej5CLhU2xIyY_MQD8A4wpYeRxPh3mqXwD3I

Marky's Hammock setup.

y1pvO_HbOoXhKjcOyEr3tfplxeuaRW8zYkMjihSFziDwzfdOpBcYY6bsqbu6L0GSWORxuT95YcyzEc

Lordlurcher on the phone?!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Looks like fun. I'm off on holiday soon but when the kids have gone back to school I'll try and get out a bit more.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's,:)
kid's are back at school, and baby Daniel is very well, and Mrs Rappleby is fine(if tired) so i will have more time in the week to meet up.

anyone want to meet up next saturday 22nd ,

i'll want to stay fairly close to Norwich because of the Baby (within 20 miles-ish).

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
we ought to organise something an overnighter i personally dont have somewhere to go but if some one knows somewhere that would be good i can do the Thetford area, so depending on location who would be interested and what date (cant do 06/10/07) maybe a couple of weeks time after that, the spot where jay jay was, looks great.:approve:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Don't know if i can do it yet but i like the idea!

baby is still quite young, prehaps i could get family to visit or something....

:You_Rock_

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'm away for a week in November but with enough notice I could probably swing an overnighter.

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Howdy, i'm up for a meet, a bit of notice is good as life in general is v. hectic at mo! Rap if you fancy a wander down marriots or down by the river for a bit drop me a line, you're becoming a stranger! that wont do:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE