Vanishing apologies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Apparantly Admin have it on a 'to do' list.......personally I'm not holding my breath. It's been kind of irritatingly amusing seeing the various ways folks get around it.

cheers,
Toddy

I noticed this happening on a recent dogs and bushcraft thread when someone referred to the breed of their dog being a 5h1tzu (if you can read that one)... there are profanity filters on many forums like this and sometimes inadvertent words are slipped into the configuration text file listing words that are verboten. Ah well.

It sure is tough saying 5orry though.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I noticed this happening on a recent dogs and bushcraft thread when someone referred to the breed of their dog being a 5h1tzu (if you can read that one)... there are profanity filters on many forums like this and sometimes inadvertent words are slipped into the configuration text file listing words that are verboten. Ah well.

It sure is tough saying 5orry though.

Nahhh, the swear filter was the first thing checked. If I say **** then the naughty word gets replaced with a row of asterix'. If you write "s0rry" nothing appears at all. The problem is somewhere deeper than the filters.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Sοrry Toddy, cant tell you. ;)

:lmao:

Can't take credit for it - The Joker did it in a post recently I think - basically take a special character from Word that looks just like an o.

Computers not being visually tricked like us don't trigger the filter. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE