Helly Hansen Pile And Propile And Sizes!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
The Helly Hansen field jacket thread....
If the field jacket has no elbow/shoulder reinforcements, how long does the jacket last before getting holes at stress points?
I recall Helly Hansen advertised something called PROPILE...obviously a different version to pile! Anyone use this or any feedback on PROPILE?
Sizes...any clue to what the largest size is in a HH field jacket?

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
The only problem I had with my Field Jacket is one of the pockets developed a hole where the stitching came loose. The elbows, which you would expect to be the main weak point, are fine. My jacket is five years old.

Best wishes,

Bruce

Douglas

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2004
Switzerland
Pro[x] is what they call their fleeces, their current ones are Profleece and Prostretch, Profleece is just their standard midweight fleece and Prostretch is just their stretchy lightweight fleece. So I assume Propile is just their pile...is that what you wanted to know?

As for performance, I've only ever used polartec fleece, and GAP's and The North Face's own stuff, so I can't help you, sorry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE