Best wild food of the year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Yeah ... they're early ... and delicious!!! :yumyum:

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
george said:
The mushrooms are great this year!

72532.jpg

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
I found a new patch of Giant Puffballs yesterday. I also came across Bay Boletus, Honey fungus and Field mushrooms. It does look like it’s going to be a good one this year for fungi.
Yesterday I was on my knees in the woods looking at a bay boletus which was just popping through the leaf litter when I noticed a little hole a ft away with wasps coming in and out. I thought if I’m careful they’d just leave me along... haaa
Being engrossed with my mushroom I didn’t notice the first wave of wasps sneak behind me and attack my foot. With the first sting and noticing three wasps on my foot I dropped all and legged it, only to get another sting on my elbow whilst running away. :aargh4:
When I went back to get my jumper which was dropped down the path whilst I was running away I was surprised with the amount wasps still on my jumper.

Respect to the little yellow wasp

Cheers
Den :p

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
I love them cooked with the bacon in a sandwitch. Simple but so nice.

72920.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers
Den :p

This was a photo before i murdered it with tomato sauce.

Douglas

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2004
Switzerland
Getting lost the other day I came across the best wild strawberries I've ever tasted. Being in the middle of nowhere (well not far off the path but nobody goes there and there's no cattle) they were still intact, and they were in a south-facing field so they got plenty of sun. Some were over a centimetre thick and they were the sweetest I've ever tasted, and each time we got going again we came across another patch :p

I also love roasted chestnuts :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE