Hammock Roap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Try your local hardware store for builders tie down straps, they come in different widths and lengths and are likely to be somewhat cheaper than any climbing type rope, and they'll be a lot kinder to the tree they are wrapped around!

ATB

Ogri the trog

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
15mm climbing tape doesn't hurt trees - I've been using it for a long time and it doesn't hurt the bark in any way, nor cause any depressions in the sapwood and it knots easily and securely. I weight nearly 16.5 stone, so I'd say it was pretty safe :D . Ogri is right, there are cheaper options as he mentions. Car seat belt material has been used as well.

Bascially you want something with low stretch - so your hammock doesn't sag to badly under load. Something flat and wide, so it doesn't dig into the tree, will provide maximum surface grip and something that is strong, no one likes getting dumped on the deck by their hammock in the middle of the night. :)

HTH

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Try your local hardware store for builders tie down straps, they come in different widths and lengths and are likely to be somewhat cheaper than any climbing type rope, and they'll be a lot kinder to the tree they are wrapped around!

ATB

Ogri the trog

I agree, very easy to use, and adjust.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE