Tinde 8 poles WARNING

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Your pole sections look different to the ones on my Tundra 4.

Real shame that it bent, must have been a shock and a put a bit of a downer on the rest of your easter break. :(

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
The old fashioned way to straighten (bend) tubes like that was to pack them really tightly with very dry sand, and I mean really tight, ram it in good and tight with a stick that just fits in side the tube and slowly straighten it a bit at a time, repacking with sand as needed.
It doesn’t always work as the stress on the thin aluminium can just make it crack.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
thats a bugger mate. I had the tubdra up in Jan when we had 60/70mph winds and aside from one snapped guy line (it was rubbing on a sharp bit on the peg), the whole tent was fine. The pole for the tundra is alot tougher though as the pieces don't pack away into eachother, bulkier but stronger i think.
Let us know how you get on with Bisons customer services.
Will post up my latest trip in mine, as soon as i sober up after watching the first BSB race of the season (nerves in taters)
Baggins

ggfh666

Forager
Jan 16, 2006
belgium
users.pandora.be
Your Tinde pole looks very much like the poles I use for my tarp.
Telescopoc with a taper.

The one with the Tundra 8 has the same thickness over the complete length.
Much more space consuming but stronger I guess.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE