Military PCLE pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
Does anyone have any thoughts on the British army Northern Ireland Issue 30lt PCLE pack? I am thinking of buying one as it looks a darn good size, but its always good to see what everyone else thinks. :)

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
Like anything British Army, they are a bit heavy and bulky. They're a decent pack but if you can afford it, I reccomend the Berghaus Munro.

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
JayJays in Brecon did a nice version of this which, as well as having the small pockets on the side, had zips to accept PLCE side pouches - you simply collapse the smaller pouches and you're away.

I prefer the flexibility offered there than the straight uncustomised issue version. But I am also a bit of a tart! ;)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I'm with Jjv 110, after having experienced both i think the Berghaus Munro is the way forward. Lighter yet just as hard wearing, if not more so. It's more comfortable, you can add side pouch's if you desire and if you treat it with Nikwax equipment proofer it doesn't need a dry bag or liner. I treated the PLCE one and the weave must be more coarse as it still leaked and had to fit an Ortlieb. However, the straps tend to absorb water and you cannot put a liner in them! The buckles seem to be quite brittle on the PLCE (down to a price rather than up to a standard!). If you were to be issued one and it broke, you could take it to store and exchange it, but if you buy it and it breaks, you've got to buy another. They might be cheaper than a Munro but i feel it would be a false economy.

Yes, i'd highly recommend the Munro. No fuss, no flash just form and function, a delight!

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
I looked at the Munro but the price put me off. I picked up a Lowe Alpine Sabre in OG from Gaynor Sports in Ambleside for £29. Apparently no one buys Green stuff anymore... ;)

Does not have the pouch zips though...

Pete

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
There was a Munro on e-bay the other day, with side pouch's added for 19.99 plus £7.00 p&p! I've got one already and i'm not greedy so did'nt go for it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE