Vaude Taurus II tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Due to lack of use and the need for funds I'm regretfully putting my tent up for sale.

It is in truly excellent condition considering it is a few years old but I look after my kit and it hasn't been used much.

I haven't hidden any damage in the photos as there isn't any.

To show it, I put it up in my lounge (I was feeling lazy at the time and couldn't be bothered with the hassle of the 'outdoors'! :lol: )

I set the stop watch going when I opened the tent out (and had locked the dog out of the room!) to see how long it takes to get up.
I took some photos as I went along and stopped the clock at the point I had the poles in place as at that point it's free standing and you can at least get in the dry if necessary.
Including faff time for photos, the time was 4m 42 seconds.

The packed size (standard 30cm ruler for scale).
Roll top sack means no zip to break and length of the rolled up tent isn't critical to getting it packed away.

DSCN2687.jpg

DSCN2689.jpg

Initially rolled out
DSCN2690.jpg

unfolded
DSCN2691.jpg

There are only 2 poles and they are very distinctive so won't be confused.

The cross pole has been precurved
DSCN2692.jpg

The ridge pole has a plastic knob on one end and a kink in the other. The kink gives more height at the foot end without having to extend the length of the tent.
DSCN2693.jpg

The tube for the ridge pole has a stitched in socket at the foot end so it has to be slid in from the top. The top end locates into an eyelet.
DSCN2697.jpg

DSCN2695.jpg

The cross pole is secured by a bent metal peg in each end. There are tensioning straps to pull it taught once they're in.
DSCN2696.jpg

The peg loop under the guy lines on the side are elastic, inner and outer on one loop.
DSCN2694.jpg

(The front does come out properly but obviously it's not pegged out)

The peg loops at the back corners are tension straps with a metal loop to put the peg through. The inner and outer are on separate loops.
DSCN2698.jpg

Inside
DSCN2699.jpg

(The sides are bowed in as I don't have the guy lines pegged out!)

with my sleeping bag where I would sleep
DSCN2700.jpg

The line for hanging your bits off
DSCN2701.jpg

The standard pocket in each side
DSCN2702.jpg

The door can open either way depending on the weather, other tents, etc.
It has four zip pulls to allow a ventilation hole at the top during the night.
DSCN2703.jpg

Me sat on my bum in the door way to show the head height.
DSCN2704.jpg

All the pegs. They're nice and light but strong because of the 90 degree construction.
The metal tube is a 'pole doctor' to slip over a break in a pole, just in case.
DSCN2705.jpg

So, any questions? What have I missed? :lol:

As it's in great condition I would like £80 with your choice of postage on top (see below).
To avoid paypal fees on this I would prefer a cheque or bank transfer but that can be discussed.

It weighs a bit under 3kg so according to the Royal Mail Recorded is £11.37 or Special Delivery is £18.50

Total of £91.37 sent Recorded or £98.50 sent Special.

If collection is desired instead of postage that's fine.

I'm open to offers on price a I've found out you can get these to your door brand new for £120.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Hey - good tent guys if your in the market for one ? These Vaudes go up fast, with the poles on the outside, and the inner ready suspended inside. So inside doesn't get wet putting it up in the rain. Not that it ever rains in the UK right :p
Hope it finds a good home.

Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE