Easter Camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
Hi to everyone
So my first post, I would love to know of a:
Cool site for me and my mates this easter weekend, male group, no EHU needed, not to busy, great views, fire prefered (for inside & outside our tipi) all within 3 hrs or so of Liverpool.
Thought this would be the most informed place to ask and would genuinely appreciate anyone takin the time to respond.
Thanks James.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Welcome James
Im afraid i cant help with a campsite but welcome to the site hang on in there someone will know of somewhere. :D

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
Thanks Weekender. Thought it might be a bit of a big ask for my first post. i'll just have to wait and see. In the mean time i'll see if i can contribute to some posts.

Oct 8, 2006
East Sussex
hiya James,

You could try the Llyn Gwynant camp site, they allow fires, albeit in their firepits and with wood bought from them. Haven't been there for a few years now but it is in a glorious position and had a very relaxed atmosphere when I was there. There's a river and a lake and I've seen people with tarps and hammocks.

Seem to remember there were quite a few Liverpudlians there when we were there and I think it's only about 2 hours drive away. Try this link : http://www.gwynant.com/index.html

Some great walking in the Snowdonia area as well.

Anyway, good luck
Paul

D

Deleted member 4605

No idea if this meets any of your requirements, but I'm going here with a group of friends and our kids for Easter.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
schwuk said:
No idea if this meets any of your requirements, but I'm going here with a group of friends and our kids for Easter.

Nice,

We've been to Fisherground a few times over the years and enjoy it loads. Brilliant for kids with the adventure playground, raft pond and the narrow gauge railway.

D

Deleted member 4605

matt-w said:
We've been to Fisherground a few times over the years and enjoy it loads. Brilliant for kids with the adventure playground, raft pond and the narrow gauge railway.

It is a great campsite. We started going a few years ago as a group, and it's turned into our Easter weekend tradition now.

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
Thanks everyone for responding and making me feel welcome.

Thanks Whisteler I Have stayed at Llyn Gwynant the past four Easters because, as you say it is a beautifull location but last Easter weekend was atrocious, V.loud V.busy and no respect for peoples space. One p*****d up family had a motorbike with a bust exhaust, off roading it through our camp space over the little bridge and down the path that runs next to the stream. (propably bloody scousers) and no attempt was made by staff to sort it out, Hence my enquiry.

Thanks Paulcd we are a quiet respectfull lot and a bond would be gladly given. A couple of my mates who are coming this Easter are into sitting and looking at nice views (lazy) but me and one of me mates would love to bring his kids up and go bushcraft in the woods, it looks great, will book for early summer.
Ta la's

Oct 8, 2006
East Sussex
jimmyhighton said:
Thanks everyone for responding and making me feel welcome.

Thanks Whisteler I Have stayed at Llyn Gwynant the past four Easters because, as you say it is a beautifull location but last Easter weekend was atrocious, V.loud V.busy and no respect for peoples space. One p*****d up family had a motorbike with a bust exhaust, off roading it through our camp space over the little bridge and down the path that runs next to the stream. (propably bloody scousers) and no attempt was made by staff to sort it out, Hence my enquiry.

That's a real shame about Llyn Gwynant, 'cos it has all the ingredients for a great site, I guess some people don't see the world the same way we do or treat it with the same respect - pity the site owners didn't sort it out though.

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Have you tried the meet ups section on here? Goose is organising a weekend in Delamere ( not too far away), visited there, but not camped, and it's grat. Check it out...Andy

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
Thanks AndyJ. I'm new to this (never even used a tarp) and everyone in the meet up section seems to know each other, although i would love to learn some basics. I'm phoning round Anglesey camp sites at the moment but i would much prefer roughing it a bit.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
jimmyhighton said:
Thanks AndyJ. I'm new to this (never even used a tarp) and everyone in the meet up section seems to know each other, although i would love to learn some basics. I'm phoning round Anglesey camp sites at the moment but i would much prefer roughing it a bit.
Hi Jimmy, we only know each other from the site and going to the meet ups. There is no problem with newcomers, we want as many new faces as possible!
The site near Delamere is a scout site, and has plenty of camping space, don't worry about tarps and stuff, bring your tent and family there is no "snobbiness" at the meet ups just an excuse to get together and maybe have a beer round the fire.
Come along in April, you will be welcome! ;)

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
Ta Goose. I will take you up on the offer and providing there are no work emergencies you can count me and my girlfriend in. Only have a whoppa of a tent tho (tapp varrie 9) that ok.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE