Crusader cooking unit pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Hi can anyone point me in the right direction for a pouch that will fit the bottle mug and burrner in thank you.

MAL

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
You probably want the PLCE Canteen or Utility pouch - easily available from all good surplus stores (and eBay). I'd recommend the proper issue ones over the Webtex knock-offs - grade 1 surplus is both cheaper and harder wearing, plus it has that pre-owned "broken in" look, as opposed to that "shiny brand new" look...

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I use a plain OG Arktis bottle pouch with my set.

There was enough slack to line it with a piece of carry mat for some insulation/padding/ noise reduction and still it takes the burner, steel mug and bottle with either a 58 Pat mug on top or another steel mug (the second was a present OK ;-{D) Between the carry mat and the back of pouch gos the Ally' lid I've cobbled together and a spork.

If I leave out the second mug theres plenty of space for satchets although to tell the truth I'm not very enamoured of the burner so tend to leave it behind and use a trangia and click stand (with a bent bit of wire so the crusader balences).

The BCB mug hanger also fits in although I've not actually used it yet.

I'm toying with flattening out a issue hexy stove mug adaper thingy so it fits down the back of the pouch and seeing how easy it is to place it across say a couple of rocks out of the wind with a burner underneath...

Tom

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I use a waterbottle cover that I got from Silvermans - I think it's a standard OG issue one. It takes the '58 pattern bottle, Crusader mug and 'cooker' quite easily. To stop the rattles, I fill the gap with a Millbank filter. There's even a natty little pocket for some Puritabs/Dioralyte sachets or whatever. The set-up seems to work pretty well for me.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Hi anybody got a link or nato number the last pouch i bought for it is to small when i looked in the lid the label said made in india .

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
gregorach said:
You probably want the PLCE Canteen or Utility pouch - easily available from all good surplus stores (and eBay)
I bought mine from e-bay, it was wasn't branded and takes the bottle nicley, but only just and there isn't room to get the cup and cooker in too, so be careful :(

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
mal said:
Hi anybody got a link or nato number the last pouch i bought for it is to small when i looked in the lid the label said made in india .

I'll do you one better, I have one for swaps if you want it and I will through in the proper issue belt aswell, how does that sound!:)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Then it's not a proper PLCE canteen pouch. Beware of knock-offs!

Or it could be the old '58 pattern waterbottle pouch, which was never designed to take the crusader and was notoriously tight anyway...

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Thanks Greg but I am still putting kit together so I haven’t got anything for trade but thanks any why.

Another ask is can anyone recommend any of these companies

( http://www.militarykit.com/index.htm) (http://www.camo.co.uk/index.htm)

(http://www.genuinearmysurplus.co.uk/pages/home)

[font=&quot]My lowas are giving up and I cant really afford to buy moor so I thought I would go with German Para boots instead and have narrowed it down to these three for them has anyone used any of these companies

Thank you mal

[/font]

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No worries Mal, If you want the pouch you can have it, Send me a SAE big enough and I'll send it to you.

My Address is
Greg Hardman
149 Tudor Gardens
Merlins Bridge
Haverfordwest
Pembs
SA61 1 LQ.

It's got to be cheaper than buying one!:)

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Mal

Militarykit I have used for a few orders with no problem.

They supply an excellent over the head smock I wouldn't be without.

Peter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE