Possible leather group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
I'm going to be ordering some leather from le prevo in the near future and I can order an extra hide to divi up for sheaths etc. Le Prevo will only sell complete sides or shoulders which are 10sq ft and upwards.

I usually go for 2.6mm veg tan columbo sides at about 2.15+p&p+vat per square foot. A square foot will give you enough for a couple of mora sheaths.

The leather is fine for wet-forming and carving BUT it is grade 2 and you sometimes get imperfection on the hair side. which are made worse when you put dye on it. There are also holes. Is it fair to say that I will not send out anything with holes but, depending on the state of the side when I get it I'll share the wastage between the participants. I don't expect this to be more than 30p/sqft

First grade of a similar thickness are 3.08+p&p+vat per sq ft. If there is enough interest I'll consider getting a shoulder of this too.

Lets see what the interest is.

Please say how much you are looking for and which quality and we'll see if this is a goer.

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Here's the scores on the doors:
Columbo 2.6 sqft
Pignut 1 side (you could go direct to le prevo unless we get to 100sqft I'll just be passing on the price...)
led 2 sqft
beamdune 2-3 sqft
nigelp 3-4sqft
boxy 3-4sq ft

grade 1 shoulder 2.5-3mm
nigelp 3-4sq ft

So we are already up to 1 columbo side already...

I'll let it run until 15 March and put the order in on the Friday.

When the leather arrives I'll divi it up and sort out a final price.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
It's not something I know anything about, but I'd like to have a go.

Please could you put me down for just two square feet.

Thanks for organizing it,

Andy

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I would also be interested as i need to make a sheath for the knife i have just finished. :D

No idea on leather work but im sure ill figure it out !

Just let me know when thanks.....

D

Deleted member 4605

I'll go for 3 square feet. I've always wanted to try some leather work, but couldn't justify buying a full side.

Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone know where to get some reasonably (i.e. cheap as possible) priced leather tools from?

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
bent-stick said:
Here's the scores on the doors:
Columbo 2.6 sqft
Pignut 1 side (you could go direct to le prevo unless we get to 100sqft I'll just be passing on the price...)
led 2 sqft
beamdune 2-3 sqft
nigelp 3-4sqft
boxy 3-4sq ft

grade 1 shoulder 2.5-3mm
nigelp 3-4sq ft

So we are already up to 1 columbo side already...

I'll let it run until 15 March and put the order in on the Friday.

When the leather arrives I'll divi it up and sort out a final price.

leave me in, I presume from your comments that you get it cheaper for over 100sq ft. I needa side anyway so if it helpseveryone get it at a better price all well and good

If you see what i mean

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Great that you are organising this as I have just finished my first small sheath and possibles pouch from leather offcuts from my local cobbler.

I would be up for 4 Sq feet of whatever quality you can get so as to make some larger versions.

Thanks.

George

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Just a bump.

I'm closing this at 6pm (when I get home from work) and I'll have a count up. I'll post the scores on the doors later.

I'm hoping to order tomorrow, if not then, Monday based on the expressions of interest. I'd appreciate dropouts before then not a disaster if you don't see it though I can always use or get rid of leather.

Cheers me dears,

David

Reactions: British Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE