Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
sounds like a plan im up for that
which plan Jo-Jo's or snufkins? :confused:

ok, you "local" guy's are going to have to take the lead here as i don't know the coast area!

It's quiet weekdays and if anyones ever up for a Friday meetup it's my day off so just give me a shout
sorry snuffy i work fridays though i could proably get friday off,or change it, i'll see what i can do.

i just checked the BBC weather for tomorrow! we may have snow for a while late morning, if it settles enough to collect some clean snow(not yellow :yuck: :yelrotflm ), get some in a cup or tin wait for it to melt and drink some, it will be very pure water! much safer than river water.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
jojo said:
I don't see why not.. we would have to get back in the cars mind you! I dont know the north shore of Lowestoft. may go and have a look at the week end to see what its like up there ;)

Can't we cook and eat the underwater roots ? or is that the wrong plants?

:lmao: better watch out, north of lowerstoft towards corton is the nudist beach?, you never know what you may see. :lmao:

along the coast road out of lowestoft, you have corton woods, which is behind pleasurewood theme park, corton wood joins gunton wood, both woods are look after by suffolk wildlife/gunton wildlife trust. along the coast between corton & lowestoft you got pill boxes, dunes?, cliffs & a orienteering course, which you can down load the map from www.onesuffolk.co.uk/leisure i think, the course was built by Ashleys School in lowestoft, you can download the map from their website, which i cannot find the address.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Dino said:
:lmao: better watch out, north of lowerstoft towards corton is the nudist beach?, you never know what you may see. :lmao:

along the coast road out of lowestoft, you have corton woods, which is behind pleasurewood theme park, corton wood joins gunton wood, both woods are look after by suffolk wildlife/gunton wildlife trust. along the coast between corton & lowestoft you got pill boxes, dunes?, cliffs & a orienteering course, which you can down load the map from www.onesuffolk.co.uk/leisure i think, the course was built by Ashleys School in lowestoft, you can download the map from their website, which i cannot find the address.

Nudists!!!!! :D At this time of year :eek: They are tougher bods than I am.. Or are you sure you are not having hallucinations caused by the lack of sunshine? :D

How about meeting sometimes, Dino, and having a hike there?

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
jojo said:
Nudists!!!!! :D At this time of year :eek: They are tougher bods than I am.. Or are you sure you are not having hallucinations caused by the lack of sunshine? :D

How about meeting sometimes, Dino, and having a hike there?

:lmao: it is ture, it is a nudist beach :lmao: sunshine, whats that :lmao:

:) yep, i up for a met, :confused: unforturnly i am availabe at the weekend and i need a few days notice due to family plans. :confused:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
How about the 24thor 25th feb? I have to say I haven't set foot ine these woods , I tend to head to the marshes or south, its easier! I avoid the town like the plague at the moment :D

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
Hello, I have been lurking in the background for a while so I thought that I should come out and say hello. I have just moved to Watton, I would like to get to meet up with you all sometime.
Andrew.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi nooky

:D welcome to bushcraft/east anglia. i have not long joined, the people on here are very frendly & helpfull, hope to meet with yourself on one of the meet. :D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi nooky mate welcome! :D

i'm going to have to update that member list again ;)

just one thing......
I have been lurking in the background for a while
:rolleyes:

we hope to be meeting up in your neck of the woods soon!
i used to go "Survival" camping near watton as a Venture Scout, a place called Merton! Sadly i have no contacts atall for the area we used :(
it was a massive mixed wood that ran several hundred yards alongside pedders way between open farmland and a road (with an army post), still a great area to forage in! watch out for the Giant hog weed though :eek: !!!!!
onn night we were there we were all woken by the army fighting some war game with flares in the air and a good ten mins of gun noises. we could hear orders shouted it was too far for us to see what was really happening, still pretty cool!

anyway welcome in join in with as much as you can and we look forward to seeing you! :D

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi fellow East Anglians,

sorry for the late notice.

:lmao: Me & Jojo are meeting up this Sunday(18th Feb). 8.30am at the Gunton Pitch & put car park, Corton road(B1385), Lowestoft. O/S 134, G/R 545964. :lmao:

:confused: DIRECTION;- As you drive out of Lowestoft on the A12, as you pass Lowestoft Lighthouse, corton road i think is the third turning on you right, drive about 1.5 km car park is on the left. should be sign post for Pitch & put. :confused:

from here we have access to the beach( :eek: i am hoping there is no nudist :eek: )for beach combing, Gunton and corton woods, i can only make the morning.

:cool: if any of you can make it, we see you there. :cool:

Dino

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:You_Rock_
cheers for organising that one! 8:30!!!!! that's quite keen! :lmao:

theres no way i can make it unfortunately, but have fun anyway.

i have loads of group phone numbers now i shall be sending out the list to those that have sent me thier numbers shortly! :D

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
Hi everyone thanks for the great welcome, sorry it took me so long to reply, but I have just moved a little while ago and only just got my broadband up. Im trying to get my modem router to work without much success at the moment so I have to fight the boys to get time on the internet. :lmao:
looking forward to meeting you all soon.
Rappleby we get to hear alot of the exercises going on especially when the big stuff goes off.
Andrew.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE