FREE MONEY FROM YOUGOV.COM (UK bushcrafters only i'm afraid)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Fair enough Dave. As you say, anyone joining Yougov may get a cash benefit themselves eventually. A while ago someone on BCUK publicised a Nikwax competition where everyone got a free sample and I was one of many who benefitted from the info.

I have been on a forum where a new member with no previous postings had obviously only joined to make money by posting links to referral schemes like this. So that maybe makes me a bit sensitive about them. I'm not really bothered by a respected, longstanding full member publicising this sort of thing, but I wouldn't want to see it setting a precedent for people who might only join BCUK in order to get more referrals.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
I am sure there was no hidden agenda with maddave's post. I think posting the title in shouty CAPS didnt' help ;)

Rather than linking through the referral link just point people to the main homepage;

YouGov.com where they can find out more info.

If you want to read about other people's views on the set up check out this link;

ciao - yougov.com Reviews (34)

Looking through the reviews clearly quite a few like it but don't expect any money quickly ;) And remember that you are providing information to a business who make money out of your effort. To get to the minimum £50 level some people have been doing it for over 2 1/2 years for only just half that :eek: and some reports of difficulty getting the money so just be aware.

I actually found the name of the company misleading at first as I assumed it was a government setup (like Directgov) but it is not at all.

Reactions: Toddy

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
Doc said:
Fair enough Dave. As you say, anyone joining Yougov may get a cash benefit themselves eventually. A while ago someone on BCUK publicised a Nikwax competition where everyone got a free sample and I was one of many who benefitted from the info.

I have been on a forum where a new member with no previous postings had obviously only joined to make money by posting links to referral schemes like this. So that maybe makes me a bit sensitive about them. I'm not really bothered by a respected, longstanding full member publicising this sort of thing, but I wouldn't want to see it setting a precedent for people who might only join BCUK in order to get more referrals.

rest assured Doc, if it was a one post numpty that had started the thread, it would have been binned immediately. we do get our fair share of one post advertisers for various products/services/organisations, and they do get deleted as soon as we can. that isn't going to change anytime soon.

cheers, and.

J

Jamie

Spikey DaPikey said:
Womble has had two £50 cheques, with no problems :)
begs the question then really.....when are the drinks on you Womble ;) :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE