Another bushseax

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Testing out a new bushseax today, 3mm 01 tool steel, 4 3/4" blade with laburnum scales and black fibre liners. It's a bit different from the usual bushcrafters out there but I'm really liking it so far (no pics of the sheath as it's ugly as sin, did something different with it and dipped it in hot beeswax, I think I'll use this method again).

2006_1006Image0005.jpg

2006_1006Image0032.jpg

I'm not a professional maker, I only make knives to experiment with designs and just like to post them up here to share ideas. Many thanks to the people who have enquired after purchasing one though, I'm very flattered.

Reactions: beowolf762

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Cheers mate. I agree on the wood and considering it was firewood, very reasonably priced :D .

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i like that, it's similar to a design i was working on for a neck knife.

i really need to get access to a workshop. all these designs and nowhere to make them :(

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Graham_S said:
i like that, it's similar to a design i was working on for a neck knife.

i really need to get access to a workshop. all these designs and nowhere to make them :(
You really don't need alot of room. I do all the shaping at my Workmate, and my forge for heating up the blades consists of 6 firebricks from a night storage heater and a hot air paintstripping gu-n set up in the back garden.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
beowolf762 said:
Yes, But it is a bit short for lopping heads of Gorgons and such :D
It's not too short, you just have to stand closer :p :D .

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Thats scary,

Ask Colin Kc over on BB i sent him a template to make me a blade and the handle is identicle. and the blade shape is the same ish

Spooocky!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
bushwacker bob said:
I cant see the pictures.But if its anything like the quality of your nessie,I know I'm going to like it. :lmao:
Can you see them yet?

longshot

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 16, 2006
Newfoundland, Canada
very nice blade, i really like the shape and it looks like it'll "feel" good in the hand.

dean

i think i saw the same one over on paleoplanet. looked good there as well. :You_Rock_

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
longshot said:
very nice blade, i really like the shape and it looks like it'll "feel" good in the hand.

dean

i think i saw the same one over on paleoplanet. looked good there as well. :You_Rock_
Yep, I go by LJintheUK over at the planet.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Lovely bit of work. Dark Age gear makes a nice change from all the Ray/Mountain man clones about.

I quite fancy a nice Langseax to show off to the kukri/parang crowd :cool:

Jim. (former Anglo/Danish Huscarle)

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
JimH said:
Lovely bit of work. Dark Age gear makes a nice change from all the Ray/Mountain man clones about.

I quite fancy a nice Langseax to show off to the kukri/parang crowd :cool:

Jim. (former Anglo/Danish Huscarle)
Funny you should mention that as a longer version is an upcoming project.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE