Has Britishblades been hacked

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Bob the Blacksmith said:
I get this message when opening BB:

by Thehacker own3d **** israel n0 war

Yes it was Bob.

The hackers were using the chatroom software to expolit a security loophole and execute a shell script, which overwrote some files. Fortunately, I was online when the hack started and was able to nip it in the bud before they did any real damage. It didnt take long to figure out what was going on. I deleted the chatroom script to block their access and re-uploaded the files they had destroyed. It's back to normal now and the exploit has been removed, though we are minus one chatroom, at least for now.

www.britishblades.com/forums/

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Martyn, I posted this in BB...and it repeats here, obviously...

Warning: Unknown(./chat/inc/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /index.php(66) : eval()'d code on line 4

Fatal error: (null)(): Failed opening required './chat/inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/synobyte/public_html/forums/index.php(66) : eval()'d code on line 4

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
It was lucky I was online when it happened and off work today. Pretty much every page on the site was affected, the website, the forums, the gallery etc. It took about 4 hours to sort.

There were several sites hit just from the host I use, all with the same message "by Thehacker own3d **** israel n0 war" ...all the sites that were hit were either US or British.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Just to let you know that BB has had another attck tonight. If you get interrupted service, or strange jihad type messages, that will be the reason. We are working on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Martyn said:
Just to let you know that BB has had another attck tonight. If you get interrupted service, or strange jihad type messages, that will be the reason. We are working on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just bombed out on me :confused:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Martyn said:
It isnt bombing out, the server is being tweaked to clean out the compromised files and jack up the security.

As I said 2 posts up, there will likely be intermittent service loss during this.
Martyn..........You will have to excuse Phil's wording, he is in the army.......... :D

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Martyn said:
It isnt bombing out, the server is being tweaked to clean out the compromised files and jack up the security.

As I said 2 posts up, there will likely be intermittent service loss during this.

Ahhhh my phraseology (sp) gets me in trouble again :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE