your best days in the bush

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
for me it was back in the sping I went out foreging and feed my self and lit my fire with the bow. it was averry good day. but some days nothing will go how I would like .the best days in my eyes are when the penny drops on a new skill the bushmoot abig eye opener for me that was a good two days :) whats yours

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
The day I discovered a new wood. Left alone by the world due to the progress of man, sometimes motorways have their use! A magical moment, going there this saturday night.

Sandsnakes
:)

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
When I was 18 I went to the Quetico, for just over a month, with a canoe, axe, blanket, and tarp. I brought no food except coffee. I made out fine, except I got a bit hungry for about a week when the fish weren't biting.

I've done the same thing since, but that time was very special. I had no future obligations, no plans, no particular concerns. Ahh to be 18, and alone in the wilderness again.

BobFromHolland

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 9, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
lacking a bit of the woodland holidays trips (we used to go sailing mostly) I am just discovering the sights/ sounds and smells of the forrest lately.

My best experiences were last may on the two hours 'free-time' when my wife and sun were doing the midday nap between 13:00 and 15:00.
I discovered the off-track forrest with different trees, dead birches with horse hoof fungus, harvested some spruce-root and pine resin, and occasionally hung up my hammock to just lay there and breath the smells for half an hour.
It was amazing. I spotted small deer twice!
I even went to the woods at 4:30 to be there when the forrest awaked. Man WHAT A NOISE!!! Just found myself a spot, hung my hammock and waited till 7:00. Saw absolutely nothing at all (except for one hare), but had a wonderfull experience.

I want more of that!!!

Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE