Are you a Swiss Army Knife owner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you own (or have you owned) a SAK?

• Total voters

Ts1spoc

Dec 2, 2004
Kansas, USA
I've had a couple of Swiss Army Knives. My current knife is a farmer model just like the Soldier model but with a lanyard ring and saw blade. I use the heck out of it. I believe one of my first knives was a SAK with a multitude of blades that my grandmother gave me as a gift. :cry: I don't remember the model number but I carried it for quite awhile. The perfect knife for a kid that liked to take things apart and sometimes put them back together. :eek:):

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
i found mine virtually covered in mud and horse s**t on a bridleway who knows how long it had been there but i was a happy chap it is still rust free and in my pocket.
p.s. that was about 15 years ago so its not yours, ok

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Never owned one of those natty little red ones with the hundreds of attachments and things on it but have and still do own the Officers all metal one and to be honest I think it's fantastic!!! Very sharpe out the box, stays sharpe ages and easy to resharpen when needed.....it does have a rather nasty chink out of the blade now though!

I didn't really rate the red ones and found the handles to be a bit slippy in the wet or with greasy hands but I know many people swear by them, the all metal one is perfect for me :p

Jan 25, 2005
sunderland
No, I own a Nepali Kukri - not much in the compact stakes, but much better for bush whacking when necessary!! Also I've got a native american hunting knife which is smaller and neater, hand made.

Gerard :biggthump

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I have at least a dozen dotted around the house/work/first aid kits/car etc. My favourite is the locking blade Wegners and I found a little cracker in Zurich this year-A single blade, blunt tip version with safe tin opener for kids. I'll be giving it to my eldest this year when he turns seven to teach him how to take responsibility.
The new Bundeswehr Victorinox has one handed opening and chequered gren grips.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i am now a proud sak owner, today i bought the victorinox climber and it has already been put to use
leon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought that one for Son1 several years ago and it's had a lot of use. Good bit of kit.

HWMBLT has killed his Swisscard (three years kicking about in his hip pocket has shattered the plastic :rolleyes: ) does anyone need replacement bits for theirs? All of the accessories are fine.

Cheers,
Toddy

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Yep, I did get the new German issue SAK and yep, it's my fav.........for now. :D

GermanSAK007.jpg

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I bought a Driver on Thursday or Friday last week. Stashed away somewhere in this house is a Bantam that I've had since I was six years old, another Driver that I retired for sentimental reasons, a Huntsman and a Compact. I also had a Climber at one point in time, but it was stolen.

Adam

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Same as Rapidboy, about 10 and I have one of those OD one handed ones also, love that one, locking blade, saw, all the right stuff! I carry a little "Rambler" in my pocket each and every day also.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
I've got a Huntsman. Acquired it from work about fifteen years ago .... also managed to get two of the small two-bladed ones at the same time :)

I bought my SAK 'Waiter' (how appropriate :rolleyes: ) in the duty-free shop at Vienna Airport in 1998, before they got stupid about taking pointy things on planes. It used to live on my keyring, but it got confiscated by security at Granada TV and I had to argue like hell to get it back. I still occasionally carry it about, but I never got round to putting it back on my keyring.

swiss_army_tools_waiter.jpg

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
I have the Victorinox Forester. At the moment it is my primary knife as i don't own a fixed blade knife. The 'Forester' has a very sturdy blade considering it is a folding blade. I also find the saw quite handy.

Jacknife

Forager
Aug 27, 2005
Somerset
I have over 40 at the last count :eek:

I have multiples of the models I like most.

4 Huntsman 3 in Stayglow
4 Climber 2 in Stayglow 2 Black
4 Camper
4 Spartan 2 White 1 Black 1 Blue
3 Tinker 3 in Stayglow
4 Wenger SI ( Soldier )
2 Wenger Basic 8
2 Farmer
4 Solo

I also have

Hunter
Safari
Pioneer Red Alox
Classic SD
Manager
Mini Champ
Waiter
Alox Cadet
Sportsman
Wenger Securit'e
Lumberjack

Guess you could say I like SAK's :)

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
:)
I have two. A green Mauser bought recently and a Officer Suisse that I have had for twenty odd years. Both pouch carried.

Tutchi
:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE