Really need to stop buying knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I thought I was done buying and building crooked knives for wood carving.
Then a handful of 6 of them was a bargain that I couldn't pass up.
Then my D1 gifted me a blade that I'd always wanted.
At about the same time, 2 other finished knives arrived from a new bladesmith.

I never take inventory of what's in the kitchen. Do 5 cleavers count as knives?
There's a bunch of them scattered in my outdoors equipment, too.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
My entire knife collection fits nicely into one x 18 litre plastic box. I have a total of four of theses boxes and they stack solidly on top of one another - my aim is to fill them all with knives! :D
Once I do fill them all, they will still take up significantly less space than the mrs shoe, coat, bag and TK Maxx bargain collection.

Reactions: Nice65

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I think I tamed the knife buying beastie inside me, but it took a while and cost a lot. I do own a lot of nice ones though. I still want some things but, luckily, they are cheap. I'd like a Higonokami, I'd like a Mercator Cat and a Douk Douk ... and a Moore Maker stag Trapper (but that is another, more expensive issue). Also a Case Texas Jack of the right size and vintage; again, not a cheap one. :lol::)

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If you have a session cleaning and honing the whole collection at the same time, and struggle to find the correct sheaths , then you know you have a beginning of a problem!

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Today I ordered a bergstrom blade from moonraker K&T. When I haven't even started the sheath for the Lauri/ Birchbark puukko I'm currently finishing off!

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I don't have a collection but just various knives, like a folder from Sardinia, Hungary, Transilvania, a date cutting knife from Tunisia, just 6 puukkos, the absolute minimum one needs. No problem, hakuna matata!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Can we share some raw numbers? number of fixed, number of folders? I was tallying up the knives I have and I would like to feel better about having too many...I am sure I am a rank amateur in this company, not least that some folk have had an extra decade or two on me!

24 folders
22 of my home made fixed blades
19 commercial fixed blades (inc only 2 in the kitchen)
4 parangs, 5 axes
0 hand made by others.
14 blades awaiting finishing/handles

Reactions: Nice65

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ok. Excluding kitchen knives: 8 fixed blades and 5 folders. Not really a lot now that I look at it.

Of course that doesn’t count the additional 5 machetes, 2 tomahawks, 1 hatchet, and an axe (3 axes if you count the axe heads I still need to rehandle)

Reactions: Mr Wolf

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Ok. Excluding kitchen knives: 8 fixed blades and 5 folders. Not really a lot now that I look at it.

Of course that doesn’t count the additional 5 machetes, 2 tomahawks, 1 hatchet, and an axe (3 axes if you count the axe heads I still need to rehandle)
I love axes or ax' if you're anal about it.
At least when they are delivered I can say I ordered it by axident

Reactions: santaman2000

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I am but an amateur,
1 issued machete
4 sheath knives
Lots of folders
Couple of multitools.

The folders are used to show the scouts the different sorts of knives you can get.
Plus a climbing knife and a kayaking one.

Sent using Tapatalk

Olly

Feb 25, 2007
Co. Durham
4 Axes
1 Parang
7 fixed blade knives
11 folding knives
4 multitools
+ 3 Chefs knives and a Nakiri in the kitchen...

Not too many (relatively speaking), but my wife has a different opinion!

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Can we share some raw numbers? number of fixed, number of folders? I was tallying up the knives I have and I would like to feel better about having too many...I am sure I am a rank amateur in this company, not least that some folk have had an extra decade or two on me!

24 folders
22 of my home made fixed blades
19 commercial fixed blades (inc only 2 in the kitchen)
4 parangs, 5 axes
0 hand made by others.
14 blades awaiting finishing/handles
I might post you over a knife I made to put a number in that section....let me know if interested...like the idea of sharing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE