Infantry Style watch ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
One of my young cousins asked me yesterday to try and find out if these watch's were any good for a simple and cheap Military style watch, I've had alook around online and at there Spec's, But I'd rather have the opinion of anyone who's got or had one.
cheers

Last edited:

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Do you mean the CWC G10? Or something else?

I’ve got a G10 from the 80s which is a nice watch, it’s a pretty straight forward watch and solid enough.

timex, lumus and others make military style watches that are perhaps a bit more modern.

Reactions: santaman2000
Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
Not really an answer to the question, but another option.

I paid 99p for this off ebay.
It has lost 2 minutes in 18 months, is splash-proof and I can afford to loose it or break it.
When doing anything 'energetic' my expensive GPS watch goes in the pack and the 99p one comes out.

I also subsequently got a 99p 'digital' that has a back light on it.
Now £1.69

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luxury-M...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I wasn’t a fan of the issue G10.
I had one issued for a jungle course and it fused on day 1 on a river crossing, leaving me without a watch for the rest of the course.
I went to a Seiko Divers automatic watch, the luminous has faded after nearly 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Good old Timex Camper. Got one like this out of TKmaxx for £12.
11-09-2014_timex_originalscamper_olive_1.jpg

and it's got an Indigo back light for seeing in the dark.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I contacted the seller with afew query's and you would have to ship it to Singapore for a refund, even though the item comes from the UK.so I don't think I will be giving this watch the thumbs up to my cousins.
I'll let you know when and what kind he goes for.
cheer's

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
We universally had the combat casio (F-91W) in our unit, cheap as anything, works and doesn't mind getting knocked around during fish and chips training.

I have been an avid watch collector for years, and you cannot really beat a Casio in the value for money stakes. You can get a decent G Shock sub £50 if you shop around.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I have a few friends that have done tours of Iraq and Afghanistan. They're choice of watch has been exclusively Casio.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE