Paleo Meal Pack - Homemade Cheap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Thanks for that, but what I meant was, putting my chilli laden jerky into the same bag as any dried fruit, would that be a problem?
Ahhh! Worded that wrong. What I meant was if the chilli flavour leached onto the nuts.
Simple way to deal with that is this. One bag for fruit and nuts.. one for your jerky. That's how I do it but then I don't do daily portions. I just eat when I'm hungry. A couple of bits of jerky and a handful or two of fruit and nuts. If they are in ziplock bags and not vacuum sealed it's not a problem at all. It will easily last a week or more if kept securely closed when stored away.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
My meal packs are doing a great job of keeping me well fed while I'm away. While north of the wall this week I found many a spot to enjoy a relaxed lunch break more than once..

6022dd61620a626640a7110a69880656.jpg

10421c9e3e941b787d87d25a0255419f.jpg

Having the packs has saved me a load of cash being spent on chilled sandwiches, walkers crisps and a diet coke..... but then it did get me thinking, what about expanding into breakfasts....... so here we are, all natural breakfasts. Not paleo, because oats aren't paleo but they are a brilliant source of low GI carbs. Ingredients are:

40g of traditional oats
5g of sugar
Powdered milk
Dried sultanas
2tsp of cinnamon

922a6fc1e7ee6a81d55a509bc2e2163d.jpg

I've tested one out by adding boiling water to the dry mix, giving it a stir and leaving it covered for 5 minutes. Worked a treat. I suppose on the trail I can pour the lot into a pot with water and heat through slowly... total weight of one breakfast and one lunch pack is 266g.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I like your breakfast packs. I'm afraid I cheat and use the flavoured porridge sachets.... but then I'm lazy :) :) :)
These do need milk but by adding some powdered milk and hot water I can get round having to worry about carting around fresh milk.
I often adapt the plain ones with my own flavours, my favourite is cinnamon and a sliced fresh bannana. No need for sugar, but a bit of maple syrup makes also a tasty addition, or a tablespoon of chocolate drinking powder makes a tasty chocolate porridge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE