Titanium Grill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 7, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’ve recently purchased an Alton Goods titanium grill and it’s fantastic. Alton Goods are an Australian company based in Queensland. The grill comes in it’s own separate pouch sleeve thingy and is the perfect size for one person, it has small mesh on it so nothing can fall through. Anyway I’m super happy with it and just wanted to recommend it to you guys. They also gave me free delivery which was unexpected

Reactions: Nice65
Jan 7, 2020
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the link, however that is not an Alton goods titanium grill. It is a titanium grill but a very cheap one that probably isn’t to the same build quality as mine, although it has been known for some inferior products to be just as good as other more expensive ones. I’m a big believer in buying quality goods so you only have to buy once. A friend of mine is the same and always buys cheap, he’s forever having to buy new stuff because things keep letting him down.

Thank you once again though mate, peace to you

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks for the link, however that is not an Alton goods titanium grill. It is a titanium grill but a very cheap one that probably isn’t to the same build quality as mine, although it has been known for some inferior products to be just as good as other more expensive ones. I’m a big believer in buying quality goods so you only have to buy once. A friend of mine is the same and always buys cheap, he’s forever having to buy new stuff because things keep letting him down.

Thank you once again though mate, peace to you

They do look handy.

For the amount it’s likely to be used I’d go the eBay £13.99 option every time, that’s more than enough cash for a little grill. Yours might be better, might not, you say it “probably” is. They’re all be made in the Chinese factories, often the same ones. Did you import your grill? I can’t see it being worth it with the import costs.

Is DMC Survival your company, Survival School Yorkshire until last year?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Same thing £12.72 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000163530677.html

There's a lot of price gouging type stuff going on, there is a type of "tactical" flashlight that's $3 on aliexpress/alibaba sold for at least 10 times the price in the US.

Oh yeah, I know that one, the zoom torch pop up advert “the police say you should never be without” that sells at £75 or $3 depending on whether the hype gets you or not. :D

I could see me losing a few sausages with that flat plate, I quite like the larger mesh one. Either way, without legs they both are supported by the hot embers or balanced between logs.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Was thinking if had one big enough for a backpack stiffener, and could strap stuff to it.

Did notice PF Bereg have an 8 euro folding stainless stand 14" x 10" x 6.5" high, looks like needs to be stuck in the ground for stability.
https://bereg-ekat.ru/mangal-skladnoi-bereg

Last edited:
Reactions: Crowe

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Oh yeah, I know that one, the zoom torch pop up advert “the police say you should never be without” that sells at £75 or $3 depending on whether the hype gets you or not. :D

I could see me losing a few sausages with that flat plate, I quite like the larger mesh one. Either way, without legs they both are supported by the hot embers or balanced between logs.

Or you could use four tent pegs as legs.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
My grill pan insert works well, it came from an old belling cooker. It's made of some sort of wire so very light, but rigid. cost £0.0p. has lasted many years on open fires and has many more left.
Been tempted to buy a new one now and then but realy don't see the need.
Two stones or logs to rest it on and I'm ready to cook.

Reactions: The Frightful

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Got mine today from China. Sorry to be a bore but it looks v similar including the wee pouch minus the logo. Untested ATM but I have a plan for foldable legs.

E6B1D586-6B88-4A03-A29A-C70F67B873B9.jpeg

B4691695-8385-48ED-9BA2-32D3B205C690.jpeg

Reactions: Amon81

Wushuplayer

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2020
London
Got mine today from China. Sorry to be a bore but it looks v similar including the wee pouch minus the logo. Untested ATM but I have a plan for foldable legs.

View attachment 56851

View attachment 56852
Hi, Just wondering if you've used this yet, any comments on it? I was thinking to get one or this one which looked a bit more robust but not as wide.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have and it's great. Really robust it adds to the back support for my Mini-jakaarri. The leg thing using pegs never worked out but I haven't spent any time on alternatives. It gets a firm recommendation from me.

Reactions: Wushuplayer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE