*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Up for grabs is a Zebra billy can 14cm with a wire handle upgrade in a practically unused condition
cd5e382dfb8a1c5b2df6a97395b8a957.jpg
c4d4b19f3bbd5900c298b662dd13c01e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Let's get back to the thread guys! If you wish to air your frustrations please do so in private.....

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Thanks for the gift @Grotzilla.

In return I offer this Ortleib canoe bag. A little dusty from storage but still 100% waterproof (I've checked in my bath). It's size Medium and I'd have a guess being about 50ltr volume.

8b56b1e1e303a1843e9f6b3fcc8692f0.jpg

b818402f1820f9039fbf21e48fefb81f.jpg

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
This has happened a couple of times in the past when the thread has stalled, no biggie just to get the thread moving again.

has it? I recall some long waits and the thread going cold for a while even someone taking something they didn't want to get it going again but never someone dropping out/being passed over even before they've had a chance to put something up?

This was supposed to be a bit of fun but the urgency inflicted on it to keep moving by some members isn't helpful, less and less members are getting involved since its adds pressure as no one wants to get stuck with the ball.

Reactions: beachlover

Zookeepa

Jan 12, 2015
Derbyshire
From my part I'm sorry that things turned out like this. I did explain I was away at the start, but unfortunately my elderly relatives I was visiting had some problems and one even ended up in hospital. I hadn't thought to explain as if we look to December it took almost a month for someone to accept the knife on offer so I didn't think it would be an issue. After the first comments and my first apology I did feel things were a little unfair. The further comments leading to my second apology even more so.

I'm not quite sure what was so important in this two weeks that required the pressure it received after some of the VERY long waits we have had in the past, even waiting a similar period for a post without the explanation at the start to say they were away.

I arrived home yesterday as I said I would, but as the post has progressed, then as requested by the person who put up the new item, I will put something to a charity for my part and we can keep it going now.

I too used to really like this thread, but the last couple of years there have been some dry spots. That aside this experience isn't all that welcoming to newer people as members, not that I am, but if you are wanting new members to partake then perhaps consider how you treat them??

As said by others, can we please get back to the thread now and I'll keep out of it so as not to cause any more problems for those that "just can't wait".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
From my part I'm sorry that things turned out like this. I did explain I was away at the start, but unfortunately my elderly relatives I was visiting had some problems and one even ended up in hospital. I hadn't thought to explain as if we look to December it took almost a month for someone to accept the knife on offer so I didn't think it would be an issue. After the first comments and my first apology I did feel things were a little unfair. The further comments leading to my second apology even more so.

I'm not quite sure what was so important in this two weeks that required the pressure it received after some of the VERY long waits we have had in the past, even waiting a similar period for a post without the explanation at the start to say they were away.

I arrived home yesterday as I said I would, but as the post has progressed, then as requested by the person who put up the new item, I will put something to a charity for my part and we can keep it going now.

I too used to really like this thread, but the last couple of years there have been some dry spots. That aside this experience isn't all that welcoming to newer people as members, not that I am, but if you are wanting new members to partake then perhaps consider how you treat them??

As said by others, can we please get back to the thread now and I'll keep out of it so as not to cause any more problems for those that "just can't wait".

Well said. :thumbsup:
I hope you got the flask OK and are happy with it. I only wish I'd filled it up with some sloe gin for you to enjoy and take away the bad taste left over all this nonsense.
It was clear from the outset that you were going to be away for a little while and the impatience and lack of understanding with regard to your family issues has killed the GIO thread for me and so It's the last item I'll be contributing to this thread. :(

Still on offer.....

In return I offer this Ortleib canoe bag. A little dusty from storage but still 100% waterproof (I've checked in my bath). It's size Medium and I'd have a guess being about 50ltr volume.

Zookeepa

Jan 12, 2015
Derbyshire
Well said.
I hope you got the flask OK and are happy with it. I only wish I'd filled it up with some sloe gin for you to enjoy and take away the bad taste left over all this nonsense.
It was clear from the outset that you were going to be away for a little while and the impatience and lack of understanding with regard to your family issues has killed the GIO thread for me and so It's the last item I'll be contributing to this thread.

I did get the flask thanks and really happy with it. I too think I'm done with the GIO thread as it isn't worth this an amount of hassle over something "fun".

Woody110

Mod
Mod
Mar 8, 2009
Leeds, Yorkshire

let’s get things going again please.

on offer is a dry bag, so if you want it, please shout up. I’d have it but I already have a bag full of dry bags.

Reactions: Bishop and Van-Wild

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE