Need a mug to fit Trangia Triangle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Hi,
I have just been given a Trangia Triangle meths ‘stove’ but my mug is too small to sit on the stand. I can’t find one to fit it. I’m boiling water in a mug for short trips, so I don’t need to carry a kettle. Any suggestions?

thanks.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi Darryl, I’m not sure the diameter you need, but I have a couple of lidded mugs. One is a 450ml Alpkit titanium, the other might be better for you, a Lixada 750ml titanium. I got my 750ml from AliExpress for about £8 but they’re on the Bay for about £12. Sorry to eBay link, but here you go.

With your heating method titanium would be a good idea due to its conductivity, the lip will cool much quicker than steel. The Lixada has a bail so is easy to pick up straight off the heat. The lid is pretty hopeless to be honest, same with the Alpkit, they just slide off.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lixada-7...hash=item1a76811590:m:mAcs6sAgzYuGAuFqITYWTQg

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl of Sussex

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
I've posted this before but it might help you out if it means you don't need to buy a bigger mug. I use an Alpkit Ti mug on mine.

Make a triangle that fits over the three upstanding pot supports from metal rod and it allows you to use smaller sized pots. I use an Alpkit Ti mug on mine. I made it from an arc welding rod after I cracked the flux off!

46906437984_b9a1fa0446_b.jpg

46715129055_03878b1dcb_b.jpg

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Thanks to all for thoughtful replies. Interesting to consider all the workarounds and yes, i’m a sucker for new kit. I’m going to try out all of the suggestions and see which best works for me.
Pegs are more versatile, fan cover more specific. In my head,that’s a relatively small dilemma to consider.
I’ll be back with results soon.
Best wishes for 2020,

darryl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE