Firefly ferro rod for SAK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RichBenn

Nov 20, 2020
Norfolk
Still wanting firefly for my SAK. I noticed they have a new product called FireAnt which fits into the corkscrew. Still unable to get them from a UK distributor, and the shipping makes them too expensive. I notice that Amazon.co.uk had them but out of stock. Is anyone willing to import a whole load, pay the shipping once and then sell them on locally in the UK?

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I backed both projects on kickstarter, I have been very happy with mine, they are only a small company. They both work well in various SAK I have and also fit other knives I have like my German army knives and mauser bladed one. When I backed the fire ant I got some more fireflies and delivery was fast and I received quickly. The small version fits in to the key ring models any normal or large sized SAKs should use the larger model. The grey does glow in the dark but the florescent version makes it easier to tell which item you have and not to pull out the tweezers instead and I prefer that model. The fireant is a small ferro rod and comes in some great colours.

Reactions: Crowe

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I thought the toothpick ferrocerium rods would break too easily to be usefull.

Is this information wrong?

RichBenn

Nov 20, 2020
Norfolk
@TinkyPete Yes, I'm going to buy.

Firefly 3 Pack - Neon Green Glow x1 USD16.49
+ First Class International Flat Rate USD14.00
TOTAL= USD 30.49 is a bit expensive but they are really cool!

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
As this is more of an emergency item and you might not need all three from the pack. Maybe share the cost with someone? That makes it $10 each which is not bad. Or order more and do a group buy.

Also watch this:

Reactions: Mark Baigent

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I have a single small SAK unused Firefly of that's of any interest.

I bought a pack on the Kickstarter campaign but only used the SAK full-size versions. Totally impressed and I've bought into the corkscrew firestarter campaign as well. Still awaiting delivery on that.

RichBenn

Nov 20, 2020
Norfolk
I backed both projects on kickstarter, I have been very happy with mine, they are only a small company. They both work well in various SAK I have and also fit other knives I have like my German army knives and mauser bladed one. When I backed the fire ant I got some more fireflies and delivery was fast and I received quickly. The small version fits in to the key ring models any normal or large sized SAKs should use the larger model. The grey does glow in the dark but the florescent version makes it easier to tell which item you have and not to pull out the tweezers instead and I prefer that model. The fireant is a small ferro rod and comes in some great colours.
I bought the 3 Fireflies.

Firefly 3 Pack - Neon Green Glow x1 USD16.49
+ First Class International Flat Rate USD14.00

I then got stung by Royal Mail for an ADDITIONAL £14.01 import tax into the UK. So all in all, a VERY VERY expensive buy, but so happy with them now I've got them.

• Wow
Reactions: sidpost

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Still wanting firefly for my SAK. I noticed they have a new product called FireAnt which fits into the corkscrew. Still unable to get them from a UK distributor, and the shipping makes them too expensive. I notice that Amazon.co.uk had them but out of stock. Is anyone willing to import a whole load, pay the shipping once and then sell them on locally in the UK?

The FireAnt has become an official Victorinox product.

Price is ridicolous though imo

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Hi folks, if anyone is still looking for the Tortoise Gear Firefly or Fire Ants in the UK, then I have some on my Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PilgrimLeathercraft
I wouldn’t bother, I paid £6.99 for what turned out to be one tiny bit of tinder and one little ferrocium rod that broke when I put it in the corkscrew, I never even got to use it!☹️. I was under the impression I was buying a full packet, not one little thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE