Berghaus Delta??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hootch

Aug 19, 2015
Scotland
I was on a train the other day and saw someone carrying the kind of pack I've been looking for. I think it was a Berghaus Delta, but couldn't quite see the writing. It was compressed to a medium size and looked about 40L but it could have been much bigger when at capacity. It had sewn-in side pockets with a zip that ran horizontally around the pocket. It was a really nice green, much paler than my munro. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what it may have been? Any info on Delta packs? Thanks!

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
The Delta was tiny, only about 25 ltrs. I think you saw a Munroe - basically a Munro with the added sew on side pockets. I think it was for the civilian market where as the the other two were good for the military. I think the Delta predated the Munro, the one I had was 70s vintage. There were various incarnations of the Vector also but it was a bigger pack. My Vector is like mini Cyclops Roc.

Hootch

Aug 19, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for your reply. I have a Munro and the pack I saw was quite different, bigger and a very different green, and the zipped lid pocket was to the rear, rather than at the front like the Munro. It had straps extending above the lid closure buckles, perhaps for lashing gear, but I didn't see it for long enough - berk that I am I didn't think to ask to have a closer look. Maybe it wasn't a Delta. What I liked was the fact that it was obviously roomy but it also compressed down to a very manageable size, a very versatile looking pack.
Just to add - is your Vector a berghaus pack? Can't see any on Google.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Thanks for your reply. I have a Munro and the pack I saw was quite different, bigger and a very different green, and the zipped lid pocket was to the rear, rather than at the front like the Munro. It had straps extending above the lid closure buckles, perhaps for lashing gear, but I didn't see it for long enough - berk that I am I didn't think to ask to have a closer look. Maybe it wasn't a Delta. What I liked was the fact that it was obviously roomy but it also compressed down to a very manageable size, a very versatile looking pack.
Just to add - is your Vector a berghaus pack? Can't see any on Google.
Yes it’s a Berghaus Hootch. It’s bright red, I’m guessing early 80s looking at the fabrics used. I think in that period Berghaus produced all sorts of bags some of which are lost to history now. I got it off eBay, only paid about £15 for a brand new pack (albeit 30 + years old).

Hootch

Aug 19, 2015
Scotland
6497edad-deeb-a8da-0000-016f5747d7e4
That Berghaus page is great MartinK9, thanks. Still no idea what I saw. I'm wondering if it was a very compressed Cyclops of some sort. How big are Rocs? I'm pretty sure the side pockets were sewn on. And I'm pretty sure it was a Berghaus, as that logo, even when faded, is quite distinctive There's a photo of something similar I'm trying to insert but having problems. It shows a pack of a very similar design and colour - a very pale green.

Limead - I found a photo of a Vector and it's pretty similar to what I saw, though it was obviously an army-type pack.

Hootch

Aug 19, 2015
Scotland
I just became a full member - not just to load the photo! Anyway, the pack I saw was pretty similar to the one below, certainly the colour is right. Any ideas what it is?
download.jpeg

Bertrum

Apr 22, 2020
Wales
I was on a train the other day and saw someone carrying the kind of pack I've been looking for. I think it was a Berghaus Delta, but couldn't quite see the writing. It was compressed to a medium size and looked about 40L but it could have been much bigger when at capacity. It had sewn-in side pockets with a zip that ran horizontally around the pocket. It was a really nice green, much paler than my munro. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what it may have been? Any info on Delta packs? Thanks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE